Six Months out... sorry kinda long

chunkydunk
on 4/6/11 2:09 am - Baytown, TX

Wow!!! That is about what I say everyday when I wake up!! This "TOOL" is just what I needed to get back into the game of living my life!!  I have not had any major problems at all and would do it all over again.  I still take my little "purple “pill everyday for my acid reflux.  Last summer I weighed 214 lbs and was wearing a size 18 P shorts and jeans.  I am 4' 10" tall..So that was a lot of extra lbs to carry around.  My job, at the time was to climb Eighty foot ladders and tanks outside in the Texas humidity.  One day I really thought “I am not going to make it back down".  That was a very loud eye opener.  So I did my research online and on this site.  There was so much information to absorb and process.  Decided VSG was the surgery for me.  Not one time did I second guess my choice.   I was fortunate that my medical insurance United Health Care covered VSG, but I would have self paid if I had to.  I honestly think that the money I am saving by NOT eating fast food all the time alone could have paid for it over time… maybe.  I was able to get a couple weeks off from work and went back after two weeks with no restrictions. I am now in the lab and loving my new job.
Now on to what can I eat today, I can sometime get 1/2 of a 6" turkey sandwich from subway, 3-4 chicken nuggets from Chick-fli-a.  I cannot eat much pasta or rice.  Ham makes me get the "foamies", only thing that does.  I eat anything I want whenever I feel like it.  I am just able to eat a few chips or a couple of small cookies instead of the whole bag like I was used to.  Then I am full or get bored with it.  Sometimes I think it is more about tasting something than anything else.  I have learned how to not worry about cleaning my plate or how am I going to save it for later. 
My marriage is great!! Hubby is very proud of how well I have adapted to the new way I have to eat.  We laugh because we used to get 2 large fries and race to see who could eat the most.  Crazy!!! Now he gets a fry and I eat 3 or 4 and that is it.  Right up to the night before surgery I was most worried about my Diet Coke addiction.  It has been 6 months and I still have not had a diet coke.  But there are times when I see someone drinking one and I want to cry!!! But, I am strong and go get some tea or water.  I wish I would have taken full body measurements before surgery, just so I could see how many inches I have lost. My 12 year old daughter wraps her arms around me and tells me look how far I can get my arms around you now. Makes me want to hug her and cry at the same time. My husband and I are Harley riders and I love that my stomach is not stuck to his back anymore!!!
I am now wearing a size 6 or 8 P jeans and shorts.  I am kinda big busted, so I still wear a X-large top or a large t-shirt.   I was hoping to get smaller in the chest area but that has not happened yet.  I went from a 42DDD or a 36DDD, husband is happy, I'm not.
Like I have seen a lot of people post on this site.. If you are on the fence about having surgery or which surgery to have.  Remember this; you never get yesterday back, so every day you
make a yesterday is a day that could have been WOW!!  Good luck and hugs from Texas

Oh yeah, today I weighed myself and was 153lbs,  23 more lbs to my goal weight!! Yeah ME!!!

Happiness depends upon ourselves!!

jenfreakintastic
on 4/6/11 2:18 am
Amen to that! Congratulations on being so close to your goal. That is awesome! 
Weight lost with VSG surgery:

"To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone." -Reba McEntire

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers     
Cindy G.
on 4/6/11 2:22 am - Kincheloe, MI
You are doing great!  So happy for you!

HW 310 SW 287 GW 150    
Hollyhock
on 4/6/11 2:24 am - VA
Thanks for sharing!
5'7"  VSG on 6/6/2011  HW 224, SW 214, CW 144  
KrisJ77
on 4/6/11 2:26 am - TX
YAY!!!!  That is awesome!!  I am short too!! My Dr wants met to get to 120 but I think I would be happy if I can get to 130!  I am so happy for you! (Us!)

byebyeburden
on 4/6/11 2:28 am
congratulations, you ae doing great!
~Emily
Surgery Date Weight: 255 

Goal 1: 199 reached 3/4/11
Goal 2: 175
Goal 3: 150
Goal 3: 129

Rosa L.
on 4/6/11 2:50 am - Chino, CA

I woke up this morning so scared of my upcoming surgery.  I needed to read a story like yours, I am looking forward to June 9th now more than ever... Thank you so much for sharing.

Pam9802
on 4/6/11 3:09 am - MD
Thank so much for sharing your story.  Congratulations on doing so well!

Monica W.
on 4/6/11 4:07 am - TX
Congrats thanks for sharing. So the light at the end of liquids isnt a train? LOL.. Keep up the great work........ 

chunkydunk
on 4/6/11 5:02 am - Baytown, TX
No, the light at the end of the tunnel is SkINNY JeaNS!!!

Happiness depends upon ourselves!!

Most Active