A little over a month out (from my blog on my main page)

mlssadwn
on 4/9/11 4:49 am - Red Bluff, CA
And I am finally getting the hang of this thing! LOL it took a while and I had to learn the hard way with puking and pain and nausea and whatnot but I got it! Of course I'm sure this means that soon something will happen to turn this all on my head again. OK here is what Ive learned and this is what works for me

1) While I did lose my hunger my head hunger is louder than ever
2) I prefer to feel satisfied over full. Feeling full makes me feel sick
3) Puking is easier now and I do not avoid it. Meaning I take it as my body telling me "too much" so I get rid of the food and make sure I learn for next time.
4) Chips do NOT make me feel full :(((
5) I am a fast eater. I can only eat about 3-6 bites (1/4 of a cup) of anything and to try and make that last 25min is VERY HARD!
6) Body shapers make you feel SO GOOD about yourself!

There are more but these ones I hope will help someone else. So I feel like I'm not losing as fast as someone else and while I know not to compare or that this is not a marathon and whatnot It is hard to see someones awesome progress (especially when they are roughly the same starting weight as me) and not compare. I also know that I have become brave with my food choices and have introduced chips :( major sad face. They have like 25g of carbs per (little) bag and if i want to stay under 50g then that means I have to do a lot of work. However one of the reasons I picked this surgery is because I don't want to be that girl that counts calories and carbs and stuff. Maybe I need to count now and then once I get to maintenance I can relax a bit and trust my body. Hmmmm good thoughts! I also used to be so much better about my water intake. Like 75oz or so and now it feels like a struggle to even get 25oz in. I drin**** water and tea/crystal lite all day. I definitely need to do better about that!

Well I haven't been having anything too strange happen. I went on vacation with my family for three days and that threw my eating and drinking off a bunch so I gotta get back on track. I also haven't started working out yet but am confident that when I do the weight will come off easier. Maybe less stalls or something. Although I have only had one "stall" and even tho for two weeks I didn't lose weight I lost inches. So far I am down from size 18Long pants to a 14Long and XL top to M :) SUPER!!!!! Im still a 40D in bras and am hoping that goes down. Its sad but my boobs are saggy at 25 (3 kiddos under the age of 5 and still nursing slightly) and they dont fit into a C cup but a D is a little too big :( I want to get a tummy tuck and boob job but I am afraid of the boob job. Maybe one will pop!

Well thats about it for today :) anyone have any questions, thought, or comment please dont hesitate.

Mel

Height 5'8" Highest Weight - 245 Surgery Weight - 220 Goal Weight - 150-160 Current Weight - 155 

VirginiaMom
on 4/9/11 5:32 am
VSG on 02/22/11 with
You're doing awesome!  You were sleeved a day after me and we have lost practically the same amount (even though my starting weight was much higher).  All that in spite of working in close proximity to pizza!  You are still an inspiration to me! :)

HW: 294, SW: 280, CW: 210, GW: 150 (Height: 5'7")
"There is really no insurmountable barrier save your own inherent weakness of purpose." - Ralph Waldo Emerson 
mlssadwn
on 4/9/11 10:42 am - Red Bluff, CA
WooHoo! Nice job working that sleeve! Lol about my job (Round Table)  I will make some twists occasionally and eat one but really understand that we have THE BEST salad bar ever and I get our little to-go cups and fill one with broccoli and one with cucumbers and then one with ranch and that is my snack every night. If I get a little hungry later I can have some cottage cheese. Really thick bread makes me feel so full that I end up puking it up so lighter foods are good (that being said I like a nice veggie and cheese pizza on our skinny crust too) I guess working there has allowed me to practice self control and to be able to make whatever I want as healthy as I want. Its not as bad as I had thought it'd be.
 Height 5'8" Highest Weight - 245 Surgery Weight - 220 Goal Weight - 150-160 Current Weight - 155 

VirginiaMom
on 4/9/11 11:04 am
VSG on 02/22/11 with

I can't wait for salad-type stuff.  My surgeon's plan says no raw veggies for the first 8 weeks.  Didn't specifically say no pizza, though. :)  Guess he should have spelled that out, 'cause I shared one slice of a small pizza with my 2.5-year old daughter tonight. :)  It is amazing how little pizza it takes to stuff me, though.  What would have been three bites in the bad old days is now enough to have me bemoaning my fast eating!

HW: 294, SW: 280, CW: 210, GW: 150 (Height: 5'7")
"There is really no insurmountable barrier save your own inherent weakness of purpose." - Ralph Waldo Emerson 
foodlover
on 4/9/11 5:54 am
Sounds like you are doing great!
mlssadwn
on 4/9/11 10:43 am - Red Bluff, CA
Thanks a ton! Man its been a wild ride :)

skinnymeforever
on 4/9/11 10:03 am - AZ
Hi!

You're just a little further out than me.  Do you have any idea how many calories you are eating? Are there still foods that just do not sit well in your tummy?  If not, do you just puke or is there just a lot of tummy complaining?  This is what happens to me and I'm really unable to get more than like 300 to 500 calories in in a day.  Just curious cause I haven't puked yet but it seems like EVERYTHING I eat, my stomach complains about it.

mlssadwn
on 4/9/11 10:37 am - Red Bluff, CA
Uhhhh as far as calories go Id say between 300-600 depending on the day. I tried salad about two weeks ago or so and NO WAY did it sit well. I ended up puking that one up almost immediately. As of right now there aren't any foods that anger my tummy (kinda sad about that) I enjoy a glass of milk for breakfast and late night before bed too. As far as puking goes if I feel like I over-ate or I get that "full" feeling I just go throw it up. I was worried Id have surgery induced bulimia but the surgeon said that its most likely my body's way of telling me I over-ate or whatnot. If everything I ate was making me sick I would stick to foods that worked, no matter how far out I was (Popsicles, jello, pudding, water....) Over time I think things will get better for you.

Most Active