100lbs lost

Cleosan52
on 4/13/11 10:51 am - Youngstown, OH
It took me a little while but I finally did it!  I have lost 100 lbs to date!  I have 54 lbs to go to my goal of 170.  I just have to remind myself that is is not a race but a journey, and I'll get there eventually!

I started this journey at 324lbs, wearing a size 30/32/4x clothes.  Since then I have gone down to 18/20/2x clothes with those starting to get a little big.  I wore a size 16 skirt and 1x shirt to church last sunday.  I really never thought I would see those sizes again in my lifetime.  Clothes really depend on the style.  I'm big breasted so I wear 2x shirts and some 18/20 button downs are still tight. 

We had a clothes drive at chruch last month. I donated 6 lbs of clothes from just me, along with 6 more bags from the rest of the family.  Talk about losing a whole wardrobe!  I told hubby today I'm running out of clothes, he just smiles.

Speaking of my hubby, he is sooo supportive.  He tells me everyday how hot I'm looking.  He even said I was getting too thin. I just laughed at him then I told him that I was only 16 lbs heavier than him, lol!!!!!!  Now he's talking about getting in shape for ME!?!?!  Wow!  For so long, I felt like it was the other way around.

I go to the dr for my 6 month check up.  He said he wanted me at 200lbs which I thought was ridiculous.  the NUT and RN said I should be at 220.  So I have 4 lbs to go in 2 weeks and I'm crossing my fingers!!! My weight loss has slowed down after the first 3 months but I'm okay with that.  Its coming off and I do take my measurements so I see results even when the scale doesn't move.  And yes, I weight and measure myself every morning.

So I'm 2/3 of the way to my goal.  So close I can almost taste it, and it tastes gooood!

(Need to post new progress pics, going to work on that in a day or two)

HW: 324/ SW: 291/ CW: 218 Pre-Op: 33 lbs---1st Month: 24 lbs---2nd Month:14 lbs---3rd Month:11 lbs---4th Month: 8 lbs---5th Month: 5 lbs---6th Month:6 lbs---7th Month:4 lbs---8th Month: 0 (bouncing the same 5 lbs all month)---9th Month: ?
Could_It_Be
on 4/13/11 10:54 am
 I have tears of joy in my eyes for you!
Cleosan52
on 4/13/11 11:41 am - Youngstown, OH
Awww, thanks :D  I did too, lol!

HW: 324/ SW: 291/ CW: 218 Pre-Op: 33 lbs---1st Month: 24 lbs---2nd Month:14 lbs---3rd Month:11 lbs---4th Month: 8 lbs---5th Month: 5 lbs---6th Month:6 lbs---7th Month:4 lbs---8th Month: 0 (bouncing the same 5 lbs all month)---9th Month: ?
foodlover
on 4/13/11 10:57 am
mylastchance
on 4/13/11 11:00 am
So excited for you,  100 lbs in 6 months,  WOW!!!!   You have done a great job on this journey.  It is also nice to see other family members benefit from our changes.  It is a good thing for all. 

Good luck on making that 4 lbs you want and keep focused, you will make it before you know it.

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

BuckeyeGirl
on 4/13/11 11:06 am - TN
Wow! Your body must be so much happier minus 100 extra lbs! That is fantastic, congrats!

I wish surgeons would give a reasonable weight goal RANGE for upcoming visits rather than a hard fast number. I found I was focusing too much on the number my surgeon suggested and even though I am putting in awesome effort in my eating and exercising, I am just not sure my body is going to cooperate with what he has in mind. This sort of makes me feel like I'm not doing as well as I should be instead of being happy about my progress. So...

I talked this over with my therapist and she helped me shift my focus from the hard fast number to my daily effort. I evaluate my daily effort and so long as I am doing my part, I feel satisfied I am working this tool regardless of the scale number. I define "effort" as following the eating plan and exercising 4-5 times per week for 45 minutes each time.

Anyway, it sounds like you are on the road to meet the NUT's goal though, which is great.

Congrats again!
Lindsey

Cleosan52
on 4/13/11 11:43 am - Youngstown, OH
So true!!! In a year those hard numbers are not going to matter.  It is the final total that does!  Everyone loses differently.  I just have this feeling like I am dissapointing the surgeon but you know what, I'm tired of feeling like a disappointment!!!!!

Susan0714
on 4/13/11 11:33 am - Kenner, LA
CONGRATS on the weight loss that is SO GREAT!!.. Good Luck in losingthe 4 lbs that you need, I have heard that increasing your protein intake, helps you to loss weight.. That was a topic in my support group last ngiht..

COngrats again..  Can't wait to see your pics.

Susan
Cleosan52
on 4/13/11 11:44 am - Youngstown, OH
This is a good reminder about protein.  I've gotten away from daily shakes because my protein from food has been bumped up.  But I need to get in at least one shake a day.  Thanks for the reminder!

_rebecca
on 4/13/11 11:40 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/27/10 with
Amazing!  Wow!
Most Active