My plumbing isn't working

Little_Toto
on 4/15/11 5:51 am
Hi.  This is an embarrassing topic for me, but what do you all do when you haven't had a BM for almost a week??  I keep gettin stopped up and need some good advice on how you keep things moving.
SW/CW/GW   224/140/135
5'2"  no pre-op diet

emelar
on 4/15/11 5:53 am - TX
For one time relief, milk of magnesia.

For long term, I take one dose of benefiber a day and make sure I'm getting some good fat in my diet (avocado, olives, nuts).  So far, so good!
George B.
on 4/15/11 6:01 am - Miami, FL
Lentil soup helps get things moving. It's also important to drink a lot of liquids.

Recently someone posted on this topic and said they used Fiber Gummies from Costco. I've started taking them and they have worked really well.

Good luck,
George

(deactivated member)
on 4/15/11 6:13 am - Castle Rock, CO
 i take 2 fiber chews daily as well as drink lots of hot cumin water and teas. seems to help me. 
Marie B.
on 4/15/11 6:43 am - Pitman, NJ
VSG on 09/20/10 with
Many of us use Miralax regularly
Highest weight ever recorded: 224lbs.    Surgery weight: 194 lbs.
Goal range:  130-135 lbs.
  Lowest:119.7   Current weight 142lbs Height: 5' 2" almost

peachynptc
on 4/15/11 7:03 am - Fayetteville, GA
I would say miralax but just a little to see how it works for you. I was scared of post op constipation so I took not even a teaspoon for 2 days in a row and went fine. I do plan on doing the fiber choice chews daily when I am on solids. Just bc we need fiber in our diet. Hope everything comes out okay!!! (literally)

VSG: 4/11/11 by Dr. Kevin McGill at Buckhead Bariatrics, Atlanta, GA.

Looking for Support Group near Fayetteville/Peachtree City, GA

sportsmom3
on 4/15/11 8:56 am - Battle Creek, MI
Per my nut, I use the Benafiber packets that you put in a bottle of water.  I use one daily and it's working great.  I have to drink the water anyhow, and I love the kiwi-strawberry flavor.  There's others, but this is the one I like.  Good luck!!

HW 340; SW 304
heathermc44
on 4/15/11 10:22 am - Bremerton, WA
 I'll echo what every one else has said:  Benefiber daily and then when things are really backed up I will use a suppository.  Also, sometimes a cup of coffee will get things moving.  If you need instant relief I would say the Milk of Magnesia but for long term relief, benefiber.  Hope this helps.

KathyA999
on 4/15/11 11:14 am
I had bad constipation early out one time, due to taking too much Lortab. I glugged it out of the bottle a couple days in a row, like an idiot, and not for pain but as a sleep aid.  Once that cleared up, and it took some doing, I'm scared to death of constipation again, so I take Miralax daily, in my morning coffee.  No problems!

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

wannabeprettyinpink
on 4/15/11 11:21 am - MN
Instead of chewable vitamins  - try liquid - sometimes that helps. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views