UTI= KETOSIS

borntobethin35
on 4/18/11 8:16 am - VA
Yesterday I notice the last few seconds of urinating, I would get this tingling sensation (not really burning) in my stomach. So I went to the Dr (not the one that did the surgery but my main doctor) and she stated I have a UTI. She prescribe some antibotics that taste really nasty (since I crush them up)

Of course the Dr checks your urine. She told me I was in Ketosis stage and I'm starving myself. I just looked at her and reminder her that I did just have VSG and basically I do eat, just not a whole lot any more. I hate to have a UTI right now but I am happyh to ketosis stage meaning I'm burning fat/calories.

Has any one else been told they are Ketosis? If so, is this bad and how long does it last? It seems like something you want to last forever if you are burning fat, right?

Sheka

HW: 272   SW: 256  CW: 189 GW: 170

1st  Goal:    245:    
Achieved
2nd Goal:    220:    Achieved
3rd  Goal:    199:    Achieved
Final goal:   170

"I thank GOD for allowing me this opportunity to turn my life around"

Danielle K.
on 4/18/11 8:41 am - Evart, MI
All of us should be in ketosis while in the losing stage.  When you hit maintenance you start increasing your carbs and it evens out for your body.  You don't want to be in ketosis forever, from a medical stand point.  It could be bad for your kidneys and cause renal failure in the long run.
HW: 294 SW: 287 Surgery Weight: 271.6 CW: 218.2        

Jennchap
on 4/18/11 9:33 am - CA
 I have been in Ketosis since surgery. I bought the walgreens brand ketosticks for 10 bucks and check a few times a week. It will be 12 weeks this Thursday and Im down 45 pounds and been in Ketosis the whole time. I was in ketosis the last 3 months of my last pregnancy and never had any issues so Im not worried but sure as hell enjoying the fat burning baby cakes!

HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

cabcab
on 4/18/11 10:12 am
VSG on 01/06/11 with
I'm going to have to get some of the Ketostix.  That sounds very interesting.  Thanks for the information.
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

mysticblue
on 4/18/11 10:29 am
Ketosis is a good thing for the short term, while losing weight in the first 3-6 months. Long-term, ketosis can be bad for your health (I have been told at about a year). But at this point, I definitely would not worry about it. With the protein you are eating and the lack of food, ketosis is where you should be at this point.

borntobethin35
on 4/18/11 9:17 pm - VA
Thanks everyone for their responses. I was a little worried about it but the more and more I think about it. I'm happy with it. I get in about 100 oz of protein and about 120 ozs of water and so I think all of that protein and water cause me to go more frequently and cause me to get a UTI but I'm happy to be in Ketosis stage and I will go out and by some Ketosis sticks today!!! Thanks

Sheka
HW: 272   SW: 256  CW: 189 GW: 170

1st  Goal:    245:    
Achieved
2nd Goal:    220:    Achieved
3rd  Goal:    199:    Achieved
Final goal:   170

"I thank GOD for allowing me this opportunity to turn my life around"

Most Active