2nd time's a charm! You all with me?

Amberbear31
on 4/20/11 7:30 am - Federal Way, WA
Had the band sept of 07 and lost it june of 08 due to infection close to the port from the last fill.

During that time i lost 119 pounds. 

I loved how i felt, i wasn't hungry much, my diabetes was GONE within a month of having the lapband placed as well as sciatica and joint pain relief and much more.

immediately after the removal,  the HUNGER was insatiable... sugar and carb cravings all the time, depression from losing my best friend (my band) and eating everything.

now, almost 3 years  from the lapband removal,  that 119 lbs is back as well as the diabetes, pain, and more. my overall energy is not here and i just feel ILL.

BUT, i see a light at the end of the tunnel now... i am going to have the sleeve gastrectomy and i am gonna kick some ass! you all with me?
Amber

Band Removed 6/17/08
Sleeve gastrectomy 6/27/11
mylastchance
on 4/20/11 7:47 am
We are here with you and will help you kick some ass..........LOL.  Glad you are getting on board here with us and I'll be looking forward to seeing you over here on this side of the fence.

Good luck to you

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

nursedina
on 4/20/11 7:53 am - NY
Just got done posting my lap band failure story I can relate OMG and the whole idea about loosing the best friend so true. I just gave up and returned to my old friend (FOOD)! I am scheduled a week from today. I also had an infection that remains in my body and puts me at risk for an infection. The doctor will be giving me pre and post antibiotic treatment in hopes of avoiding a problem. I wish you well do you have a date?

Jennifer M.
on 4/20/11 8:03 am - Goodyear, AZ
 Hi girls! I also had a band placed in 8/06 and removed in emergency surgery in 6/10!! Port infection that spread everywhere!
Just sleeved a week ago today!!!!!!! 

I really understand the UNREAL hunger!!!!! Like making up for starving I guess. Although we were never hungry. I lost 122lbs and put back on 128lbs!!! 
I felt horrible. My body felt like it was being crushed and all my illness either returned or got a lot worse!!!!! 

The swelling in my hands and ankles is starting to go down already so thats a start!!!

Good luck to you both! I feel we have made the best decision for ourselves with being sleeved. Keep me posted on your journeys!! Much love!!! 
 ...a work in progress...    
Amberbear31
on 4/20/11 8:19 am - Federal Way, WA
thank you mylastchance. love the name. it suits us all!

nursedina, not scheduled yet, but will most likely be the end of june when my son is out of school and i can ship him to his fathers for 2 weeks!

Jennifer M. and all other band-to-sleeve people....

i would like to know how your sleeve recovery has been comparable to your band recovery. the more i know the better prepared i'll be... pain levels, recovery time, hunger scale, energy levels... any and everything... not sure anything is off limits or TMI... lol
nursedina
on 4/20/11 8:25 am - NY
Thanks
My doctor tells me if all goes well I can return to work on the Monday after surgery!

Most Active