Two Months Out (from my blog LONG

mlssadwn
on 4/21/11 3:45 pm - Red Bluff, CA
  Well here I am two days shy of my two month Surgiversary! While the LBS have come off slower than I would like (and I am most likely to blame for that...read further down) my sizes are DEF shrinking. I started at 220lbs size 16 in pants and XL in tops and I am now in a 12-14 pant and Medium in tops. This makes me feel super awesome! I am now the size I was when I met my husband three yrs ago. Goal #1 reached! 
My second goal was to weigh less than my husband and I DO! He is 5'11 and weighs 188lbs and as of today I weigh 185lbs (at 5'8")! This feels good but I almost feel like I am struggling for every pound. I posted before that the physical hunger is gone but the head hunger is LOUDER than ever and its true. I Haven made the best choices in food (potatoes or bread for toast or sandwiches) but I am trying. My water intake isn't up to par either. I probably get in 45-55oz and I have NO idea what my protein is. I try to eat high protein foods but I don't count them. I have never been good at keeping a diary of any sort let alone a food diary. I also haven't began working out yet. I am waiting until we move on the 15Th as the gym is in that town (25 miles north of me now). 

I started to try and make a difference though. I bought pre-natal vites, b-12, and ant-acids and have been taking them every morning for the last 5 days, I have also tried to drink more water AND I start every morning with half a protein bar (30 grams of protein) and I try and eat the other half before bed. It has 25 grams of carbs in it so I have been trying to limit my carbs to make up for it (no toast in the morning). My Dr said the only carbs I should get are from milk, cheese, veggies, and fruit. My NUT said that any other carbs are OK as long as they are from whole grains (like the bread for my sandwiches---which I take one piece of bread, cut it in half, and put mustard, turkey, cheese, and tom)...anyways I've felt better emotionally since I've done all this. 

Ive been at a "stall" or whatever it is for the last three weeks...bouncing around 3-4lb gain/loss...its been hard. Today though I weight (about an hr ago) and it finally said 185. This is the first time it**** that low :) I feel guilty though, like I'm not losing as fast as I should be :( what a hard thing to feel sometimes (just a note also today was the last day of my period which was four days late so maybe that what part of the weight flux was)???

Anyways this seems like a downer post I'm sure but I don't mean it to be. I am so happy with my Sleeve and I am determined to keep reminding myself that this is a marathon and to each his own. If anyone has any tips Id love to hear them. Maybe something I'm not thinking of? I can give you a typical menu for me also if it helps :)

Breakfast- Coffee and half a protein bar

Lunch- Sandwich as mentioned above

Dinner- Chicken or Fish with green beans or rice or something (rice and pasta-like foods tend to hurt so I really only get one bite in if i have em)

Snacks- maybe some yogurt or FF ice cream bar (about half) cup of whole milk tends to fill me up so I try and drink two or so a day

Height 5'8" Highest Weight - 245 Surgery Weight - 220 Goal Weight - 150-160 Current Weight - 155 

LittleMissSunshine
on 4/21/11 4:14 pm

I'm still pre-op, but my tips are:

1.) To get all your water in, pick up a 32oz Nalgene bottle and keep it with you all day... I put packets of grape Propel in mine for a bit of flavor, but regardless, getting through 2 of these each day will make sure you're getting at least 64 oz in.

2.) In your coffee, are you using sugar or a substitute?  If sugar, switch to a sub (I think Splenda works well).

3.) Rather than the high-carb protein bar, why not try a low-carb protein shake (Unjury has only 4 carbs if memory serves) to fill you up instead?  If you keep carbs below 30g per day, that should help move the scale.

4.)  For lunch, try cutting out the bread entirely and just go with deli meats, cheeses and veggies.

5.)  For dinner, replace the rice/pasta with veggies... broccoli, cauliflower, etc.

Congrats on your success so far!

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

mlssadwn
on 4/21/11 4:30 pm - Red Bluff, CA
 You make some awesome points :) I tried the shakes in the beginning but after surgery they made my stomach feel a little crampy so I switched to the bars (the NUT said to try the shakes in a couple weeks to see if it changes as our Sleeve is testy) 

And ya you are SUPER right about the sugar in coffee! I used to use Sweet N Low but its so bitter now...I was thinking Splenda or Truvia...I wonder if one is better than the other.

I will do that at dinner too :) I really don't need those carbs and since they make my Tummy upset why pu**** One bite really isn't worth it LOL

And Lunch...well I plain like that little piece of toast LOL!!!!!!! I am going to try the other stuff you suggest and hopefully my 3 month post shows some awesome weight loss again! My loss is all from surgery and I would love to see goal in less than 4 months :)

Height 5'8" Highest Weight - 245 Surgery Weight - 220 Goal Weight - 150-160 Current Weight - 155 

jbskaggs
on 4/21/11 4:57 pm - holt, MO
 Also keep in mind weight loss is not a race it is a change for life.  A little bit of bread isn't going to kill you.  Really it is the sugars and corn syrup's and processed artificial junk that really get you.

Keep you calories low, your protien high, and avoid empty calories and you'll do fine.

Try to eat good food- food that makes you feel good becuase it is good for you.  Like watermelon for snacks or sashimi for protien, anything that that you like that is all natural and good for you.  Things that have no artificial chemicals and is good for you and tastes good.  You will be doing your self a favor.

It may just be me- but since my sleeve surgery I have been trying to eliminate most processed foods and trying to eat only natural foods- no artificial stuff where possible.  The result is I dont feel like I am dieting and I feel good. And I am losing weight.

Just my opinion
Jb

Kimmes
on 4/21/11 9:48 pm
Our starting weight and height are almost identical! You are doing wonderful! I have more than a month start on you (VSG 1/6/11) and have lost 56 pounds total - my goal weight is 155 so I am 28 pounds away.

I just broke through a 3 week stall this week. Keep up the great work. I increased my water and protein to see if I could break my stall... it worked!

Best wishes!

Had VSG on Jan 6, 2011 with Dr. Jaime Ramos-Kelly
Start weight 239.8/Su
rgery Day 217.6/goal:155/Current Weight 144.0  I made it -Goal in less than 10 months

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

mlssadwn
on 4/22/11 3:19 am - Red Bluff, CA
Dontcha love seeing someone thats about the same starting weight and height??? I like seeing the progress :D speaking of progress you are doing AMAZING! How did you get 56lbs down??? I am just coming out of a crappy stall and really want to get this weight loss train moving again. Right now I am having my coffee and protein bar but for lunch I think Im going to try something better than the sandwich...Ive got to try something!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views