PLEASE HELP!

Amy_Lou
on 4/25/11 1:15 pm - FL
The worse thing that could happen...   Imagine this; you're done with ALL surgery pre-requisites, you're on the pre-surgery list, and in about two months you'll be on the Optifast diet... SO CLOSE to surgery. Right there! Then you get a phone call.
  The hospital where your surgeon is doing your VSG has stopped taking your insurance. Nothing at all can be done. YOUR SURGERY IS CANCELLED.   ...I cannot tell you how freaked out I am right now.   I got the call this afternoon, and I am just shocked. Utterly nauseated. Speechless all day; until now. I have a knot in my throat.   My hope is that SOMEONE somewhere will take my insurance and get me sleeved as I so urgently need. I've had no luck searching online for Doctors in Miami, Florida accepting my insurance (Medicaid Medipass.)   I really need to vent this right now. Mostly, I really need to believe. I trust in God and I know things sometimes happen for a reason... but I am so scared right now. I mean, what if God has another plan for me that doesn't include my VSG?! I hope that isn't the case. I don't know what I'd do! I guess I'm gonna have to just push forward and keep the faith holding me up.   In the meantime... are there any post-ops in South Florida with Medicaid Medipass? Anyone that knows someone? Anyone that knows anything? Oh my...   Ah crap; now I'm crying...

';*;'*Amy Lou*;',*; 
   ;*, ;',*             ;*, ;',*;    

Jennchap
on 4/25/11 1:29 pm - CA
 Awe, sweety. Dont cry, you're gonna figure this out. You insurance has to know where you can go, so I would ask them who you should be referred to. Who ever referred you to your surgeon should know who is network. Your surgeon cant go through another hospital?
Hugs
HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

Amy_Lou
on 4/25/11 2:31 pm - FL
Thank you SO much for the links. You have no idea. My PC has been giving me drama.
I copied all the contacts and I'll keep you updated with whatever happens.

I really, really appreciate the support and just...you getting my back. You're HXC girl.

Mad Love.

';*;'*Amy Lou*;',*; 

LeeAnn5350
on 4/25/11 1:59 pm - Patterson, NY
I am so sorry that you are going through this at the moment :(   Hopefully your surgeon has privileges at another hospital that will work out.  This is just a roadblock.  It will happen, even if you have to travel.  Once the shock has worn off, you will be able to think and strategize more clearly and get what you want.  Chin up my lady!

Amy_Lou
on 4/25/11 2:34 pm - FL
Will do hunniebuns. Thanks for replying.
...See you on FB. ;)

';*;'*Amy Lou*;',*; 

shantele7824
on 4/25/11 2:03 pm - SAN PABLO, CA
My heart is hurting for you how devastating, but tomorrow pick urself up and call the insurance and ask them who takes ur insurance and they will give you list of hospitals or clinics you can go too.  I know it seems bad right now but it will get better.
First Meeting with Surgeon:2/10/2011  weight was 460
Surgery Date:5/03/2011  Weight was 428
Revsion To RNY 06/26/2012 Weight 

Amy_Lou
on 4/25/11 2:39 pm - FL
Hey you!

Awww thank you for the sincere sentiment hun...it means alot.
Yah, I stopped cryin, got some info from my friend Miss JennChap (she rocks), and in the morning I'm gonna rocknroll. I'll keep you updated. Thanks for the support toots! :)

';*;'*Amy Lou*;',*; 

priyankawillshine
on 4/25/11 4:21 pm
dearest amy
please hold your self together,i am pre op too and can feel how excited you must have been.but when god gives us hurdels he also gives us the strength to cross them .you will pass through this.
take the situation in hand and try to think clearly , youll know what to do.
till then a big
(((((((((((hug))))))))))) to you.
i am praying for you.

LilySlim - (m9B4)
Amy_Lou
on 4/26/11 5:48 am - FL

Thank you, I'm gonna need all the prayers I can get ;)

';*;'*Amy Lou*;',*; 

Susan0714
on 4/25/11 9:24 pm - Kenner, LA
Amy, I am so sorry what you are going through.. I hope that today, will be a BETTER day for you and that you can find something else..

Prayers going out to you!!! Hang on, keep us posted!!! Good thoughts coming your way..

XOXOXOX

Susan
Most Active