Is it just me?

MellyMay
on 4/25/11 12:31 pm
 I have noticed something about myself.. and I can't seem to stop!
I am getting SOOOOO JUDGEMENTAL!!!!  If I see someone obese at a restaurant or out somewhere, eating things that are... lets just say.. not the best choices.... I catch myself being kind of disgusted and frankly.. pretty mean about them.   I feel bad later, but still... anyone else?

HW: 210, SW:192, GW: 115 , Height: 5'2", Age 31     
Bernadette S.
on 4/25/11 12:34 pm - MI
I have spoken with other who have had WLS - and from what I hear, it is normal to start feeling that way.  Especially when they are making the worst choices.  It's important to just remember the choice that you have made for yourself.  We can't make other people's decisions for them.

Jenny C.
on 4/25/11 12:35 pm
No.  I always feel bad for how society treats obese people. 
aNuDay2011
on 4/25/11 12:50 pm - CA
 I get that was some times but what do now is see is a lesson not to go back to that way. lets face it, everyone who had had or is thinking of having a WLS was once made bad food choices.  it is helpful to be grateful for the choice you made and be compassionate about those still struggling with weight issue
PBJ
on 4/25/11 1:00 pm
I get it.  I find that I look at peoples portions and just can't believe they eat as much as they do.  (and as much as I did!).  It just makes me think ..wow that is how I got so fat!  I get it now...

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
julyxo84
on 4/25/11 1:03 pm - Pembroke Pines, FL
 I feel the same way. I get repulsed when I see someone eat way too much than they should be. I have to look away or I get naucious.
 [ Hi, I'm stefanie, I'm 28 years old and 5'3'' ]

lisa53406
on 4/25/11 1:13 pm - Racine, WI
They say people who once smoked are the WORST non-smokers.... maybe this is similiar. Don't know. I am not in your shoes....yet

HW: 399   SW: 380    CW: 305   GW: 150  
(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 2:12 pm
 Me either, but I catch myself noticing my own husband sometimes esp. with things like appetizers and it annoys the **** out of me but I don't dare say anything and I haven't even had my surgery yet...but I haven't been grossed out by him or anyone else just annoyed and wished they'd stop!!
heathermc44
on 4/25/11 1:19 pm - Bremerton, WA
 I do feel a little disgusted but then I also want to rush up and tell them about all the different surgery options and that they don't have to suffer any more.  

_rebecca
on 4/25/11 1:30 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/27/10 with
I totally understand.  I am glad I am not the only one who feels like that.  It does help me remember why I had the surgery and how I never want to go back to that life.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views