Surgery in the AM SOOOOOO Nervous!!!!!!!

nursedina
on 4/26/11 5:03 am - NY
I am doing the clear liquids today in prep for tomorrow. Went to pre testing yesterday and signed the papers, cried all the way home. I am so scared of complication. I have kids! Why I ask myself ; do I have to be like this, food having so much control over my brains that I need to get my stomach cut out just to stop eating?  I am afraid of complication, can;t wait for the restriction and the control. Have a lap band and was so happy with it. I just fear the worst ten times worse than when i had both of my lap bands put in.

msshellwillis
on 4/26/11 5:09 am
Everyone is different. However, my surgery went on with no problems. I haven't had any problems after-wards either. I have followed the rules 99%. I was a concerned and anxious pre-op about complications as well but my hubby and prayer got me through it. I will pray for you to have peace and an excellent surgery with no complications.
I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me!

HW (1/1/2011): 382. SW (4/15/2011): 357. CW (03/29/2012): 275.
                                                Sleeved on 4-15-11                

nursedina
on 4/26/11 5:17 am - NY
Thank you so much for the warm thoughts and prayers> I need those for sure

glyndabelle
on 4/26/11 5:14 am

I just had my surgery just over 2 weeks ago and I was very nervous the day before just like you, but when I got to the hospital on surgery day I was fine.  I am sure you picked a great doctor and he/she will take care of you.  I am already back to work and feel great.  The surgery was very easy for me and I had very little pain and the pain I did have was well controlled with the medication they were giving me.  The hardest part is over, the waiting!!!

nursedina
on 4/26/11 5:18 am - NY
I am praying for the same smooth recovery. And i am glad to hear how well you are doing

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/11 5:19 am
VSG on 03/14/11 with
Congrats, let things flow, and keep us posted!!!!  We'll be thinking of you!!!
CJCC55
on 4/26/11 5:49 am - Cleveland, TN
I would have been terrified to have a lap band, but I was not nervous at all about the VSG. I had a really good experience. I work in the surgery dept at my hospital, but had the surgery in a different state. I asked them to give me Zofran and decadron preop, and I was not nauseated at all post op. I also had no post op pain once I got out of recovery room. Had a terrific surgeon.
Have really good restriction.
Love my sleeve.

Wishing you all the best, Carol       
count your blessings!!!!   At goal weight.   I am 5 ft 3.    

nursedina
on 4/26/11 6:07 am - NY
Thank you for the support...!!

tanieanie
on 4/26/11 10:54 am - WI
I know its scary.  My surgery was last week and I was terrified.  Everything went great and I am home and feeling alot better and looking forward to a smaller me!

TammySJ
on 4/26/11 12:17 pm, edited 4/26/11 12:23 pm - Davenport, IA
Think positive thoughts my dear! You will be thru this in no time and on your way to such a wonderful way of life. It is truly the best thing ive ever done and I am living my life so much happier and healthier - I never could have done this on my own. Its so easy to say "why can't I do this and why do I have to go to such an extreme" but believe me afterward and down the line you will be sooo glad you made this decision. Also I had no complications and no pain post op. I've lost my acid reflux and went off blood pressure meds. Only take vitamins now and that's a great feeling. Also I'm exercising everyday and loving it for the first time in my life!!! God bless you and my best wishes to you!!! Take care...

Most Active