Liquid diet, 6mths after surgery!!

Trish-hoping
on 4/30/11 6:34 am - Benton, Canada
So I decided to quit my carb loop cold turkey just like one of you suggested! Wow this has been the hardest 2 days since my pre-surgery liquid diet. I decided to detox and only have protein shakes and water and decaf/sugar-free drinks for two weeks. I am on day two and this is the first time I realized what hunger was in 6 months. This is not such an easy journey but I had to get my confidence back. I was feeling out of control for the first time since surgery the last 3 weeks and it was not a good feeling at all. So this was my way to get my grit back. I am hoping it will get easier as the week goes on, the real hunger and head hunger has been crazy!! Just wanted to thank you all for your adice to my post a few days ago and thanks for caring:)   Trish PS: I gave my scales to my Mother in law til I was done my fast!
HW-362 SW-330  (21lbs lost on pre-op diet)  Over HALF way there!!  
Elaine2
on 4/30/11 6:55 am, edited 4/30/11 7:24 am - Atlanta, GA

I'm not an expert by any means....but I did successfully do protein shake diets in my pre-surgery days. One was for 12 months and was 18 months. Seriously did not have anything solid for that long. Lost a ton! Of course, put it back on over time...both times due to bad food choices.

Just as an FYI...they used to say to drink as many shakes as necessary to stay full. They were about 170 cal each so even at 5 shakes you're still only at 850 cals. Even more that 5 was fine.
Stay hydrated!!

This is going to sound strange but  they were the easiest diets I was ever on because there were no choices....except chocolate or vanilla. I think it gets easier after a few days.

Good luck.

Lavonda1
on 4/30/11 12:55 pm - Canada
 Hi  Im five days pre-op and have been on a liquid diet for 2 1/2 weeks I found if i put cherry sf jello into my shake and a couple of icecubes it thickened it to a mouse consitancy I used about 2 tbsp of prepared sf jello and 10 oz water and a couple of cubs with the chocolate optifast it tases like black forrest  cake 
Good Luck 
see you all on the looser's bench
LaVonda
aka
Kevin

jlc1972
on 4/30/11 7:21 am
I am also feeling this way, it makes if better to see i am not the only one going through this. I have stocked up on the protein shakes and have started back to basics.
Good luck on success.
Jennifer C-W

_rebecca
on 4/30/11 3:23 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/27/10 with
I did mostly liquids for a couple of days when I was stalled at 200 because I wanted to get to onederland so bad.  I did notice it seemed like my stomach got smaller.  When I went back to eating solid food I had major restriction.  Good luck-  I am impressed you are doing it for two weeks!
(deactivated member)
on 4/30/11 4:24 pm - Castle Rock, CO
im off n on with the liquids only diets (i do it almost everyday) & allow myself protein shakes, tea, coffees, soups (home-made blended veggies in broth w/spices & unflavored protein powder mixed in at each serving).. if i need the crunch i do hv some almonds or peanuts & some kind of soft cheese. some days i dont need anything other than the liquids, but other times i need to add the nuts, cheese. on days where if i feel weak or lightheaded, i would hv 1 mini puree meal a day (usually lunch) of 2-3 tbsp of tuna/chicken salad, hummus, refried beans/chili - always high protein, & lo to no carbs. but ive noticed my restriction's gotten much stronger too as i would get full on just the 2-3 tbsp of food! i also know that my body will get used to this new routine (liquids only) so adding the little snacks is a way to try n trick the body so that it wont hold onto the fat as in survival mode - causing us the stalls! good luck
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views