never mind

debpedersen
on 5/4/11 10:29 pm, edited 5/4/11 11:14 pm - Woodland, WA
I need to be in different forum.  Sorry

Carmelita
on 5/4/11 10:40 pm, edited 5/4/11 10:46 pm - Four Corners, NM
USAF Wife
on 5/4/11 10:55 pm
I'm only 5'2", but medically I am considered large framed so I might be at the top end of the BMI chart for weight at 130, getting below 125, I do look and feel very thin. I am not comfortable below about 123lbs. That is my "mental" number, and for me, I purposely eat a few more calories to keep my weight about that number.

When I was trying to maintain, I had to add in carbs/calories/ and drink 100% juice to get my losing to stop until my body stabilized. I had to bump up my calories from 1000 to 1500 a day. String cheese, beef jerky, and yogurt were simple things I added along with healthy fat items such as peanut butter, nuts, and avocados. I did drop to 119lbs, and let me just say that when my spine was protruding without hunching over, and my veins were showing through my skin, it was a necessary evil to gain a few pounds.

I also had to cut cardio, and only lift weights for working out back then. You'll have to be diligent about getting in extra calories. It's difficult to switch from losing to maintenance because eating more is a difficult concept. Join the maintenance group, and they'll all chime in as well, but this is what worked for me.

My body would have continued losing if I would have not tweaked my intake. I can still easily lose weight, so maintenance is really tricky for some of us, and our bodies don't always just stop losing when it's ready. We have to be just as diligent in maintenance as we were in the losing phase to maintain.

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

debpedersen
on 5/4/11 11:07 pm - Woodland, WA
USAF Wife
on 5/4/11 11:15 pm
Anytime, and don't feel like you gotta be in a different forum. We're all here with similar needs. If you need anything else, feel free to message me anytime. I was really scared when I kept losing, and it was frustrating that I was trying so hard, and my body would not cooperate. Hang in there chickee! ! !
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 36 views