SCARED NEWBIE!!!!!!

justwillow
on 5/6/11 1:17 pm - OR
My surgery date is May 23rd I have read all the post and everyone seems so excited, but I am soooo scared that I can't even get excited.  I have read the post op and so many people said they are in more pain than they expected, I hope it is not any worse than I am expecting, I am scared to death!!!!!

cabcab
on 5/6/11 1:33 pm
VSG on 01/06/11 with
I didn't have a lot of pain after my surgery.  It just felt like I'd done too many situps - a sore muscley feeling.  My doctor doesn't usually use narcotics for pain and I didn't need or want them.

I've seen a lot of posts on here where people said they didn't have a lot of pain.

It's normal to be scared though.

Best wishes to you and let us know how you are doing.
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

justwillow
on 5/7/11 2:43 pm - OR
thank you:)
Kristy R.
on 5/6/11 1:34 pm - Santa Clara, CA
 There are just as many posts from people who were in LESS pain then expected.  I wouldn't focus on the possibility of the pain, you have no idea how it will feel.  No sense in getting scared about it.  Keep in mind, however much pain you have, it's just temporary.  The ends justify the means.  Good luck.  My pain was never above a 4, and that was after I got home and off the hospital meds.  All I needed was my Tylenol with codeine, and I stopped that after 5 days.  
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

justwillow
on 5/7/11 2:44 pm - OR
mylastchance
on 5/6/11 1:38 pm
There are also many of us who had no pain,  I didn't take any pain meds after I left the hospital.  I know they gave me some shots while in the hospital and it wasn't because I asked for them,  they just gave me a couple of shots,  I actually think it was something to keep me from getting nauseated,

I think if you have a positive attitude going in you will do fine.  Don't think about how bad it will be,  that will make it worse than it really is.  Everyone has a different tolerance to pain,  I know my is quite high............I had 3 c-sections and a hysterectomy and didn't think that was so bad either.  My mother was always worried about me because I never complained of any pain when I fell or got something that should have been painful in some way............just don't think of it too much. 
You are going to do good and here is wishing you good luck and a great recovery.......it will be here and over with before you know it.

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

justwillow
on 5/7/11 2:45 pm - OR
Thank you, for sharing.  I think I am more worried about things like a heart attack of something, not so much just about the pain.
GavinC
on 5/6/11 1:47 pm
Not to worry.  I experienced very little pain.  I was even able to sleep on my side when I got home. I had some nausea - but they gave me drugs in the hospital for that and I never experienced another episode of that.  The pain was minimal - and if that's what scaring you, they have anxiety meds to help with that.  Focus on the goal.  I'm five months out and 75 lbs down.  I have no regrets, and neither will you!  Good luck, and keep us updated.
justwillow
on 5/7/11 2:47 pm - OR

I can't hardley wait to be on the other side of this. Thanks for sharing

tdjf_3
on 5/6/11 2:42 pm
Don't worry
After surgery I took my pain meds for about half the day and then stopped. I did have to have some pain meds after the ride home but I only took one dose and that was the end of the pain meds for me. It wasnt as bad as I thought it was going to be. You'll do great!

God Bless & Happy Losing!!!!                 
Most Active