Recovery Time - What's Too Soon?

Jhb617
on 5/9/11 3:11 am - Livonia, MI
Hi all -

Trying to avoid the hastle of STD, so was planning on using vacation days and working from home after 2 weeks instead.  Is that pushing it on the recovery time?  I have a desk job that is not stressful (especially if I am working from home).  How were you all feeling at week 2?  Should I fill out the STD paperwork just in case?  What are your thoughts?

Thanks a million!
Christy
skatie
on 5/9/11 3:19 am - NJ
Everyone is different but I was back to work in a week and I am not at my desk all the time.

tcerabone
on 5/9/11 3:41 am - NJ
VSG on 05/03/11 with
i work construction and was told 6 to 8 weeks off, today was my first work-day home and im soooo bored already

Elaine2
on 5/9/11 3:43 am - Atlanta, GA
Everyone is different. That said, I also work primarily from home and was back at my desk FT in 1 week. Perfect since I could get up and walk around as needed. I probably could have done the same thing PT on day 5 but it wasn't necessary.

Good luck

BeautyisherGODgiven
name

on 5/9/11 6:11 am
I am taking STD incase there is a complication. ITs summer and its hot in the south and dehydration is a serious possiblity. I wanted to not have to rush myself especially since I will have appointments post op, I wanted to have a cushion of pto for appointments
Follow my progress: www.youtube.com/user/livictori                           

Most Active