Daily calories??

therese50
on 5/15/11 11:47 am - Lansing, MI
Okay, I've been in a super stall for a month.  My NUT said maybe it's because I'm only getting 800 calories a day, so she upped it to 1000/day.  Um, survey says: No!  I can't budge the scale and I'm wondering how many calories you all are taking in.  I'm four months out.

MediumSoon
on 5/15/11 11:49 am - TX
My NUT wants me to have at least 1100/day. Have you TRIED upping your calories?

Valerie K.
on 5/15/11 11:52 am, edited 5/15/11 12:12 pm - Dearborn, MI
My nut told me and my doctor told me to eat 1200 calories a day, that with exercise our body's need fuel to work right and eating under 1200 is not good because we burn so much exercising. Than I went in to my  doctors and he told me to up it to 1400m because I work out 7 days a week and need to eat more for that.

When I started to eat 1400 a day I am now loosing weight again. And not feeling so tired or like my body is dead or drained.
My surgeon gave me the tool. Now it is up to me to use it right.

SassyItalian
on 5/15/11 12:05 pm - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
I would consider listening to your nut and upping your calories for at least a few weeks. Adding calories has gotten MANY people out of a stall, surprisingly.

If what you are doing isnt working then switch it up a bit, what do you have to 'lose'?

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

Jenijeni
on 5/15/11 12:07 pm
I eat 950 to 1000 a day and lose better when the calories are up. I tend to stall when I'm at 800 or less. You should try increasing your calories... Just keep it to proteins and stay away from carbs still. It may help break your stall!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

KCChris
on 5/15/11 12:18 pm - KS
 Wow, maybe this is why I have been stalling and slowing down. I tend to stick around 800 in daily calories and I go to the gym every single night.  So I should up my calorie intake then? 
My heart is all mine and my mind is free. That's all the revolution; revelation that I need.
Valerie K.
on 5/15/11 12:21 pm - Dearborn, MI
I up ed mine and have lost 5lbs in a week now. It is working for me and makes sense that our body's need the fuel to keep on going and loosing. I was eating 800 to 900 a day and burn off 600 a day in working out that is not good my doctor said. I will end up sick and he does not want that.
My surgeon gave me the tool. Now it is up to me to use it right.

KCChris
on 5/15/11 12:26 pm - KS
 Yea like I said I stay right around the 800s and burn off about 700 in the gym just on the treadmill ALONE.   Hmm, ok now I need to figure out where to up the calories too. I don't have my next checkup for another month.
My heart is all mine and my mind is free. That's all the revolution; revelation that I need.
Jenijeni
on 5/15/11 12:35 pm
My doc said guys need 1000 to 1200 to be healthy. But your doc may have a different opinion!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

KCChris
on 5/15/11 12:38 pm - KS
 Yea I know. Everyone's seems to be so different on opinions of certain things. I'll have to see if I can call her and ask.
Most Active