I have a surgery date!!!!

Tracey W.
on 5/14/11 9:55 am
It's been such a long journey, I couldn't believe it the other day when the surgeon said, "Let's set a date." My paperwork is being submitted, all of my preop and post ops appt's are made through the fall!!
It's so surreal!!!! I've been working on and researching surgery for a bunch of years. It's really happening. Now what? lol
Trying to build a better life, one good choice at a time.  
"Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain."-Ruby Gettinger        
Gracieteddy
on 5/14/11 10:04 am - IA
It is so exciting!

lisa53406
on 5/14/11 10:17 am - Racine, WI
I am very excited for you! I waited 9 months from the beginning to having the surgery and I understand. You wait, wait, wait and then it feels like POW. I was flooded with questions. I think having the few weeks is good to give you the opportunity to ask everything and get everything in order.

HW: 399   SW: 380    CW: 305   GW: 150  
kats-mom
on 5/14/11 11:00 am - TX
VSG on 02/15/11 with
Congrats on being approved. It took me 10 months for my approval after two denials. It is a "big deal" to finally hear the approval has been received. Everything will go FAST now! I have mentioned before, that I think it is downhill from here ('cause it was such a hard approval process). Be sure and make a list of questions (& take to your doc appt). I always forgot to take my list (LOL). Best of luck and keep us informed.
   Lorraine    kats-mom
        Highest Weight-285  /  1st Nutritionist Appt-275  /  Pre-op Diet-257  /  
                               Day of Surgery: 246  /  Day Home-257

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/11 11:07 am
I am so happy for you!!!

Like you, I wanted wls for years before I finally got insurance coverage that would pay for it.  After I finally got insurance coverage that would pay for it, it took 18 more months!!!  When they surgeons office called and said, "Your surgery date is Feb. 22."  It didn't register at first... after a few seconds, I was like, "WHAAAAAT did you say????"  Life was just surreal for  about a month!

Now what?  Check with your doc and read on the forum about any questions you have.

Best wishes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most Active