Are you suppose to wait to be cleared for exercise equipment?

Jamae623
on 5/16/11 2:10 am - Washington, DC
My Doctor told me try water aerobic

peachynptc
on 5/16/11 2:23 am - Fayetteville, GA
I would ask surgeon. Water aerobics are really good for your body. Wish I had someplace to do it.

VSG: 4/11/11 by Dr. Kevin McGill at Buckhead Bariatrics, Atlanta, GA.

Looking for Support Group near Fayetteville/Peachtree City, GA

Jamae623
on 5/16/11 2:34 am, edited 5/16/11 2:35 am - Washington, DC
 I dont even know where the flip the rest of my post went lolol... ugh... BOO TO YOU LAPTOP! 
I pretty much have a full gym in my basement but mainly I just want to get on my elliptical, is that a no no?? 

And I've played basketball almost my whole life, should I get the ok before I shoot around a little bit or should I wait for him to say something or ask him? I've asked him before and he told me walk some hills ..... I said ok then what? I think I'm just looking for more to do. 
Did anyone gradually take it up on their own or waited for their Dr?

I heard water excerise is very good. But I have a really bad Phobia and hopefully I can get over it, I just have a big issue with sharing a big ass tub with people I don't know and I don't care how much chlorine you put in there I don't believe it can fight all that damn dirt! BUT I'm trying to see pass that for the result of tighter skin.

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/11 2:56 am
My surgery was 3 weeks ago and I am still holding off.  So far I am just doing walking.

I want to hit the gym, that's my next goal.  I am thinking that I will wait until all my scars are healed up and for my second visit on (5/27) which is my one month.  I move to solid food at that point and I think that would be a good time.  Ultimately it is up to my doctor, but I figure that is when they will give me the 'okay'.

I am having a lot of pain where my Lap-Band port used to be, so that may pu**** back, but I am hopeful and can't wait to go.
wannabeprettyinpink
on 5/16/11 3:22 am - MN
After 6 weeks I was cleared for everything. I do weight traning - and water aerobics and walk everyday.  But ask your dr.

Kristy R.
on 5/16/11 3:53 am - Santa Clara, CA
 I was cleared for machines at my 2 week post op, within reason of course.  No ab work yet - haha.  Bottom line is, you should ask your surgeon if you were not told it's ok.  
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/11 4:51 am - CA
I'm over four weeks out and my surgeon won't let me do anything but walk.  But I'll be cleared for everything after six weeks. I'm kind of bummed out about it but better safe than sorry I guess.
laurak712
on 5/16/11 5:13 am - New Braunfels, TX
I was back on my elliptical at 5 days out and back to lifting weights (carefully) at 2 weeks out.  If you are over 6 weeks out I think you are safe for the elliptical, but ask your Doc.

Laura

Height 5' 7

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 47 views