Pre op liquid diet - Day one

soulfull_ladee
on 5/17/11 4:09 am
Hi, it is me again, today is the first day of my high protein liquid diet and I keep thinking about eating when I get off work! I sure will save money when ,my eating habit gets better! I have had 3 servings of protein drink and 3 of broth (which is yummy) but my stomache is still growling! What are some ideas to help feel like I am really "eating"?
MadFatLady
on 5/17/11 4:25 am - MI
 It gets better, honest!!!  The first couple of days, I thought I'd die of starvation!  But I am now on day 9 of my pre-op liquid only diet.  I have found that breakfast seems to be the most satisfying meal.  I am allowed to ahve 1/2 cup of cream of wheat, and I do that for breakfast (made with milk and half a scoop of protein powder.)  That keeps me pretty satisfied until lunch.  

a couple of tips for feeling full--drink LOTS of water!  I have a bottle of water or Crystal Light with me all the time.  When I get hungry for some "real" food, I look at my pre-surgery pic and take a sip or two (or three or four....!) of my drink.  I am determined to NOT look like this ever again!!!

Also, when I make my protein shakes, I crush up some ice in it.  That usually helps.  It makes the drink thicker so I feel like I am getting in more than I really am.

Good luck!!  And always remember, it is VERY worth it!!!
Lynn

Christian Fiction Author

http://lynnmcmo.com        
soulfull_ladee
on 5/17/11 10:13 am
Thanks for the inspiration! Of course I just found some trail mix and other snacks I thought I had lost...Looking at pics is a good idea! I dunno if I can have Cream of Wheat, but I will try and do the water thing. I was thiking of like going to the mall and do some window shopping to take my mind off things I dunno if that is a good idea though. What I have learned in just these few hours of not eating food is that sometimes it is out of habit, boredom, or just cause it is there> I am sure I learned that somewhere in all the stuff I have read and such but now I get it for real.

Thanks again! Good luck to you!
LeslieKC
on 5/17/11 6:09 am - KS
I start my pre-op liquid diet tomorrow. I am definitely going to blend my protein drinks in the blender with ice to make it a milk shake consistency. I think this will definitely help me feel like I am getting more than I actually am. Good luck with yours!
soulfull_ladee
on 5/17/11 10:16 am
Thanks,  broth seems to do the trick a bit too, I got beef flavored it has like a zillion grams of sodium, but I really dilute it and it is pretty good hopefully I will enjoy it as much end of this week.
Grumpcarebear
on 5/18/11 11:18 am - Red deer, Canada
Hello
I was just curious.... When u are on a liquid diet, can it have actual protein drinks made from the powder? Or does it have to be all clear fluids?
Christine K.
on 5/18/11 3:36 pm - Honolulu, HI
For the liquid diet I am on, its 9 days of high protein liquids including protein shakes made from the powder, pudding, cream of wheat, cream/strained soups, Jello and Broth.  On the 10th day which is the day before my surgery, its only clear liquids.  I'm on my third day in and its been tough, but doable so far.  Good luck!!

Christine
HW 257/SW 229/CW 183/GW 150
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views