Liquid Vitamins on Liquid Diet?

Sabrina R.
on 5/17/11 5:01 am - CA

I'm having my surgery next Monday, but have a question about my vitamins. Usually one NEVER should take vitamins on an empty stomach, because it will make you fell .

But what about a liquid diet?  When do you take your vitamins?  Before your sipping of water, after your sipping of broth?  I don't want to get sick from my vitamins and  from taking them at the wrong time.

When do you take your vitamins?

Crunchy As Can Be
on 5/18/11 1:45 am, edited 5/18/11 1:45 am - NY
Honestly you can do what works well for you. Optimally the multivitamin should be taken with food or something containing a touch of fat since a lot of the nutrients are fat soluble-- this means that they are absorbed better into your body with fat. That being said, I wouldn't recommend taking them with a blob of butter or anything (gross!), but possibly choosing to take them with bouillon or something that has a touch of oil in it while is still considered a clear liquid might help.

I don't have a big problem taking vitamins on an empty stomach or with jus****er except for some foul smelling burps afterwards, but know the benefits of taking a multi with "food" and will often opt for broth or my protein shake instead while I'm still in the full liquid stage.
 ~~Emily~~

Sabrina R.
on 5/18/11 2:10 am - CA
Thanks so much for your response. I know with regular "Pill" vitamins, if I were to take them on an empty stomach (without some kind of bread to soak up the acids in my stomach) it would make me sick.

Thanks Again!
Sabrina

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views