Psych eval done / surgery in 12 days

bursonc
on 5/22/11 4:08 am
I had my psych evaluation on Friday.  She asked questions like:
What diets have you tried?  How long have you been overweight?  What was your lowest weight as an adult? What has been your highest?  Do you smoke / drink / do drugs?  Have you ever?
How does your family feel about the surgery?  How do you think it will affect your work?  Have you met with a nutritionalist?  Does your doctor require you to have followup visits so he can keep a check on your progress?  How do you plan to track your progress?  Do you plan to attend support groups?  That was about it.   
She also requires lab work and a drug test.  She said I could fax her a copy of my labs I had to have done for surgery.   She said I could go to my PCP and have drug test done and fax her a copy.  As soon as she gets that, she said she'd fax the ok for surgery.

Surgery is June 3rd.   Meet with the nutritionalist this Wednesday.  Having open incision.  Will be on preop diet for one week prior to surgery.

sleeve genie
on 5/22/11 4:22 am - Alhambra, CA
Sounds like everything went great,  mine was pretty much the same, also had to take a multiple choice test of about 250 questions.   I didn't have to take a drug test,  i thought that was kinda different,  but i'm so glad it all went so well.  Congratulations on your surgery :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 51 views