OT Drug tests

roselynd
on 5/24/11 1:57 am - WI
Ok so I go to my regular doctor for the usual tests and she calls me back three days later and says that my URINE tested positive for anphedimines but NOT MY BLOOD!  Therefore I am being fired as her patient and disbared from the clinic!

BTW I do not use drugs and did not take anything that could give a false positive result!

Ummm can a urine test positive but not the blood?  Any nurses out there can help me with this?

I decided to get another doctor as this one was obviosly NOT interested in retesting my urine or blood.  And the worst part is I have to change healthcare systems because she has blackballed me from AURORA!

Besides getting a big stick and beating her with it WHAT am I to do?  Any sugestions?  I am sooo angry right now

Roselynd                
VeraG
on 5/24/11 2:21 am - Bonner Springs, KS
That's total crap.  Aren't there decongestants that test positive for anphedimines?  Doesn't sound like a very good doctor to me.

Living until I die!

(deactivated member)
on 5/24/11 2:29 am
There are plenty of OTC decongestants, asthma meds and other scripts that can lead to false positives.. 

To the OP: I would fight to clear this up, then switch doctors! 
Lori B.
on 5/24/11 3:03 am
omg, how could your urine test positive but not your blood? Doesn't make any sense. Labs screw things up all the time and she should know better. I would call wherever they sent the specimens and ask them what happened and if that's even possible. And if it's not, get it in writing and send it to her.

Wow..I would def fight to clear my name on that one. The funny thing is my doctor would never accuse me and would just test over. I think you need a doctor whom you can trust and vice versa.
~Lori

HW 286.5   GW 155   CW 153
roselynd
on 5/24/11 3:42 am - WI
I did call the lab and they said that my dr. would need to send a request to retest my samples but she screwed arround so long that the samples will only be arround for another two days.  I doubt she will ask for a retest and you're right, I am looking for another clinic and doctor, but I do want to clear my name if only to say "I told you so!" to her nurses that keeps calling me a liar!
Roselynd                
(deactivated member)
on 5/24/11 4:19 am
Take it as a sign to get a new and BETTER Dr.- annoying? YES! Inconvienent? YES- Save your life? MOST LIKELY!
davidbu4054
on 5/24/11 5:39 am - AR
Myself i would file a complaint with Aurora and notify them that i was fileing a civil lawsuit for slander.  any DR that refuses to retest after a positive drug test does not need to be praticing medicine and should probiably be drug tested theirselves.  the most important thing is you need another Dr. If she has got you blackballed from your healthcare system it would seem that she has shared your personal health info. without your permission.  that is a violation of not only the law but a ethics violation that could cause her to loose her right to pratice medicine.

roselynd
on 5/24/11 11:27 am - WI
I have contacted a lawyer and gotten the ball rolling on a lawsuit for defamation of caracter.  I re read the contract and it allows for ONE retest but she never ordered one and I just found out my samples were destroyed TODAY!  I did get the full report from ACL labs and now have the evidence to prove I did not consume drugs because my surgeon confirmed that you CANNOT have a positive urine and a negative blood test.  It just cannot happen!  Not at the levels he said my urine tested at!
Roselynd                
onemoretry
on 5/24/11 10:04 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
I am totally confused by this. First off why would your doc be giving you a random drug test? Is this normal? If my doc does this, I have completley missed the boat on it.

Secondly, Is there bad blood between you and your doc or her staff? Seems she/he is awfully quick to dismiss you as a paitent. I would hope that if I had a drug problem, My doc would try to work on getting me some help.

Sorry this happened to you and I agree, you should file a complaing.
SpiceyMom
on 5/24/11 10:21 am
VSG on 04/28/11 with
Agreed. How bizarre! What a ridiculous situation.
Mom to 8, looking forward to a healthy future!         
Most Active