Seminar Questions?

jennhales
on 5/31/11 7:21 am - lehi, UT
 I am 5+ years out with a band and going to a Seminar tonight for the sleeve.  Any questions I should ask them.  I have an another Seminar tomorrow with a different Dr.  I am bound and determined to pick the right Dr for me this time.  My Band Dr only does Lap Bands.  

Do I introduce myself to the Dr's during the seminar and tell them that I am a Band patient or do I just sit and listen and not say a word.
THANKS
Jen
USAF Wife
on 5/31/11 7:35 am
I would go up to them after the seminar and introduce yourself.

It's an informational seminar, and if you have questions, ask them.

Some questions are best left for one on one consultations because you don't want to be "that patient". You know which one I'm talking about, but I did share at my seminar that I was revising from the band, and had several coming to me afterward that had planned on getting the band and they switched to the sleeve before they had a date schedules. I referred them all here obviously to do independent research, but I wasn't afraid to share my story.

For me, and this is just my opinion, the informational seminar is a way to gauge a surgeon's comfort level with each procedure. It's like a pre-interview before the consult because at the consult is when the real questions come in.

For seminar questions, if they do not cover it, be sure to ask if you have access to a support group, and/or nutritionist through your post-op time especially the first year. Complication rates, number of procedures, and type of follow up is offered should be shared.

Good luck ! ! !
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Tipsynoodle
on 5/31/11 8:08 am - Kempner, TX
 I asked lots of questions at my seminar and im glad i did, cause the doctor didn't stay for the entire seminar.....so i would have been left with out answers if i had waited until the end of the seminar.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views