GOAL! And my take on it's perspective...

katier825
on 6/1/11 11:32 pm
I finally reached my goal of 140 today.  It's been 6.5 months since my surgery.  I'm not done yet, but I don't think my next goal will be a number on the scale.  I just want to be in a normal BMI range and get rid of the extra belly fat.

I always envisioned going nuts and doing the happy dance when I finally got rid of the last couple of ounces that have driven me nuts in the past 10 days.  I did not do the happy dance.  Yes I am thrilled I got to goal, but my joy is replaced by the sad news of my former sister-in-law's death yesterday.  My depression and anxiety over losing that last few ounces is nothing in comparison to what she or her family went through since she wa**** by a drunk driver 8 years ago.  Nothing like putting things in the proper perspective.

I wish everyone well and hope you all reach the goals you desire.
debk21
on 6/1/11 11:38 pm - Mansfield, TX
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Life will put things in perspective, won't it?  Congratulations on hitting goal.  I'll bet your former SIL would be proud of you today.  Take care Hon!

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

Lalamonkey
on 6/1/11 11:41 pm - GA
Katie,

I am so very sorry for your loss and the loss to your family.  Nothing can replace a person, our feelings for them and their place in our lives.  They say time heals, but the truth is, it can still hurt even with time. I hope you will do all you can to take extra care of yourself as you and your family manage through the grief.  Please don't forget about you when you are taking care of and consoling others.

So for now there may not be dancing and cheering (from you) for your goal but let me at the very least congradulate you on a job very well done. 

Sending hugs and prayers your way....

Lala
viola_120
on 6/2/11 1:09 am - FL
Katie,

I'm so excited for you that you reached your initial goal.  You looked so small when I saw you at this month's meeting.  I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your sister-in-law.  As selfish as this may seem, it can be an opportunity to test your self and your sleeve.  As we all know, to some extent we eat to hide from our pain, our emotions.  Now is a great opportunity to find a different path away from food to help you through the grieving process.  I lost my father and my 40 year old brother-in-law in the last two years. Barely a day does not go by without me thinking about both of them.  Comfort food is not longer an option--which is a blessing. 

Hope I didn't seem to preachy.  My heart goes out to you and your family.

Viola
HW-250 SW 241.8 GW 139            
katier825
on 6/2/11 1:22 am
Thank you for your kind replies.

Viola - it's ok, you didn't sound preachy to me.  I've actually not even thought of food since hearing the sad news.  I do need to eat something though. I've only had a protein drink and yogurt since.  I am so fortunate that I now have the help of the sleeve to keep me in line when I waver.  Hope to see you at a future support meeting soon.
DrHollywood
on 6/2/11 3:49 am, edited 6/2/11 3:49 am - Harbor City, CA
I am soooo very sorry for your loss...... I hope your ok.

Also... congratulations!!!  you made it to goal.  Awesome!!!
What are your weight stats?  or where did you start..etc.

You did a great job.
What was your eaing experience at 4 months out. That is where
I am at.  I like to hear other peoples stories. 

I am sooo proud to hear your at goal.  This is the  first time seeing anyone post
getting to their goal weight on their day.  WOW..

Again my condolences with your loss

✿ L♦O♦V♦E ✿ & ✿ P♦E♦A♦C♦E ✿ღ ✿ & F♦R♦I♦E♦N♦D♦S ✿ ღ
                         "Keeping The Faith!"   "Slim by Summer!"
                                    HW: 250 - SW: 241  - CW: 154.7GW: 140  

1 month: 22 pounds (2162 months: 12.2 pounds (203.8)  3 months: 10.6  (193.2)
 4 months: 9.7  lbs  (183.5)  5 Months:   6  pounds  (177.5 ) 
6 Months: 12 lbs ( 165.5)
 7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

Hit "One-derland April 9th, 2011   (199.7)

"Half-Way Goal" April 25th, 2011 (194.8)

"Happyland 80`s" May 14, 2011  (189.6)

"Groovyland 70`s"  June 20th 2011  (179.9)

" HippyDippyland 60's"  July 16th  (169.8)

" CQQL-land 50`s"  August 25th ( 159.8)

"Normal BMI"   24.8  October 21st, 2011 (154.5) I am 5`6

"AWESOME-land 40's" Dec 1st 2011  (149)

"Century Club 100 Pounds"  Dec 1st 2011  (149)

' ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!"

Two Year Surgiversary!!!"

katier825
on 6/2/11 7:57 am
On June 2, 2011 at 10:49 AM Pacific Time, DrHollywood wrote:
I am soooo very sorry for your loss...... I hope your ok.

Also... congratulations!!!  you made it to goal.  Awesome!!!
What are your weight stats?  or where did you start..etc.

You did a great job.
What was your eaing experience at 4 months out. That is where
I am at.  I like to hear other peoples stories. 

I am sooo proud to hear your at goal.  This is the  first time seeing anyone post
getting to their goal weight on their day.  WOW..

Again my condolences with your loss
I'm doing better now than I was earlier.

Here are my stats:
highest (2008) 240 size 22/24
218 (initial consultation w/Dr.- 3/2010)
199 (pre-op visit - 11/3/2010)
194 (surgery day - 11/16/2010) size 18/20
140 GOAL!  (6/1/2011) size 10/12

My average since surgery has been about 2 lbs per week.  I was in the 150's for an agonizing 10 weeks!

I saw the doctor today and he said maybe another 5-10 pounds.  Much more and I'd start to look ill.

At 4 months I was in the midst of the  10 week struggle to get out of the 150's.  I probably had my carbs too high...I think it's an individual thing. Some can get away with a little more...some can't.  I've never had a problem with food, except to say I don't care for eating pork or some cuts of beef.  The sit like lead, even if I chew them forever!  I've always tried to keep the protein between 60-80.  Sometimes I'd go more, but the only time I went less was right after surgery.  Carbs, 30-50 seem to be the place I need to be.  Mine crept up to the 60ish range a while back.  Calories, I usually am 600-900 - most of the time in the 700-800 range.  Fat I don't really count.  I don't eat much of it.  I do have to watch sodium. 
ccbelle14
on 6/2/11 1:06 pm - Minneapolis, MN
Congrats on reaching your goal! I'm so sorry it's been coupled with a death in the family.

Highest Weight (2008): 360  Surgery Consult Weight: 340  Day of Surgery: 318
Height: 5'10"
Most Active