Protein Shakes vs protein drinks

wmhjones
on 6/3/11 6:25 am - Houston, TX
Greeting. I have the atkins protein shakes but is so thick & I do not like them anymore. I would take four everyday during my liquid diet before the surgery, but now after VSG surgery I took one sip then 10-15 later I would take another one. Going this rate it would take me all day just to drink one Protein shake. I think if I had a protein drink I could all my proteins daily. Any suggestion
katier825
on 6/3/11 6:28 am
I don't like thick drinks either.  I use protein powder and mix with water.  I didn't like them with milk.
Elaine2
on 6/3/11 6:33 am - Atlanta, GA
Maybe you could find a protein powder (Click, EAS...lots of different ones) that you can blend with milk or water then add flavorings to change them up. Much thinner consistency.

Here's about 6 pages of recipes to give you different options.
http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/06/my-fa vorite-protein-shake-recipes.html

justwillow
on 6/3/11 8:25 am - OR
the protein powders are thiner and have more protein so you don't  have to drink as much:)

theshrinkingmimi
on 6/3/11 1:55 pm
I don't make shakes. The texture would bother me too. I use Unjury protein powder to mix with crystal light (normal serving of CL is 1t, but 0.5t will probably due when mixed with scoop of powder in 8-10 ounces). It dissolves well and is not gritty. I thought it would be. I was extremely skeptical. I kept stirring and, if necessary, occasionally pressing the rare lump against the glass. I stirred for awhile then walked away. I really didn't want it. Then when I came back about a minute later (I like it cold) I noticed that there was no sign of the powder.  It is great for work because I don't need a blender. My office has a water cooler. I have 2 cups on my desk: 1 for water only and one for powder/drink. When I need a protein drink, I put Crystal Light and Unjury in one cup and go to the water cooler and fill up the other cup to pour into the powder. No one at my office notices. That's important because they are saboteurs. You can drink it slow. It lasts well.
prayinghard2day
on 6/4/11 10:37 am, edited 6/3/11 10:38 pm
Isopure has two alternatives to powder or shakes, one is called Isoapure zero carb drink, it is 40 grams of protein and it comes in a 20 oz. glass bottle with about 4 or 5 flavors at GNC. The other is Isopure Plus zero carb drink, that comes in a 6 (or 8) pack of eight oz. containers with 15 grams of protein. There are 2 flavors, Grape Frost or Alpine Fresh ( this one sounds & tastes like a household cleaner to me ). I mix the grape one with grape juice to get rid of any after taste and to get in my liquids. The glass bottles are pricey to me at about $5 a bottle, but they are an alternative.

Most Active