3 weeks out.... stall and some discomfort

jthomp7889
on 6/4/11 12:45 pm - Shrewsbury, MA
 Now I am 3 weeks out it seems like I am stalled. I am patient after reading about everyone else's stalls so I will wait it out. I do still have some discomfort when eating. Once it gets down there is sometimes a little pain until it settles in. I have had a few instances where I must have overate and got instant nausea. Mouth watering badly but I averted throwing up. The biggest problem I have it I am physically full but emotionally starving. The same problem I had before the sleeve that got me where I am. I wish I could fix that!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

redheadtiff
on 6/4/11 12:52 pm - Waxhaw, NC
I feel your pain....so to speak. I was sleeved on May 11th and am stalled. I don't have pain with eating but I can definitely feel when I've eaten enough....but my mind certainly wants more. This is something that weighs heavily in my thoughts. I think I need to find a good therapist. In the past, I had found that journaling was a great outlet for me. I can get out my feelings on paper and feel less of an urge to act on them.
I'm still a beginner here so I'm sure there are others with more time in who can provide more guidance.
Good luck on your journey!
I am a work of art in progress

mysticblue
on 6/4/11 12:54 pm
Everyone has weight loss slow or stop between 3-5 weeks out as the body readjusts after surgery. Completely normal. You should see the weight loss begin again soon.

As for the mental hunger, I think that is the best part of the sleeve. My first month I really struggled with the mental hunger. I found a few triggers I never would have identified without the surgery - such as a feeling of deprivation if I didn't eat a full meal. I would overeat even when I knew I was full. But after the first month, and once I realized my triggers, the mental side of eating got much easier and I now know what to look out for. Try to take it slow and you will see that it gets better every week.

Lori H.

nuyvon79
on 6/4/11 1:29 pm
Same here. 3 weeks out and stalled. I know it is normal to stall but it still is a little dis heartning to go throught the stuggle of surgery and see such a dramaitc post up initially and now all of a sudden everything has stopped. What I plan on doing is putting the scale away until my next post up appointment on June 20th and trying to concentrate more on getting these habits and a routine down as far as liquids, protein, vitamins, and small meals. It all is a little overwhelming at first.

SW: 281 CW: 202
Only got one shot to do this thing called life, and I'm gonna make it a winner     
Dee W.
on 6/4/11 2:12 pm
Wow i couldn't have said that better. I am in the same  boat! I have been lucky and not thrown up at all but in the last week ive been super hungery. I seem thirsty too. I don't know how people get all the protein in. I am so glad i read about the stalls before this one hit! I hope our weight loss starts up again soon! Its hard because the weight loss is my pay off and when i haven't seen that in last couple days its a bummer. I know we had surgery the same day so i can totally relate!! We will get through this :)    
variable
on 6/4/11 2:56 pm
 I shopped around quite a bit for a Bariatric surgery program. Initially I considered Dr. Schweitzer at Johns-Hopkins though I finally picked Dr. Robin Blackstone. One thing I did take away from Hopkins' program I got from their nutritionist, Margaret Furtado. She has a couple of books out (ebooks too) on Bariatric surgery in general and nutrition/meal planning.

Though I'm not quite at two weeks post-procedure her recipes leave me feeling satisfied, physically and emotionally. I hope to do quite well thanks to Dr. Blackstone and Ms. Furtado.

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Idiots-Eating-Weight-Surgery/dp/1592579515/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1307249741&sr=8-1

chunkeymonkey99654
on 6/4/11 7:11 pm - wasilla, AK
 Hi!! I went through the mental hunger thing too. It was badddd. I also went thru a stall at 19 lbs. I am over it now, am now at 26 lbs down. Some have lost fasterthan me, and some slower, but I have realized everyone is diff so what matters, I guess. I am now on solids so the mental hunger doesn't bother me anymore, but since they removed the gland that produces hunger, it is obvious it is all in our head.

I found once I got to the solids, I was better, but also when I wasn't on solids I had to use my sense of creativity for eating, as I was getting sick of broth, jello and water. I started adding corn tortilla chips to my broth and allowed them to become soggy, believe it or not, it tasted good and it was soft so it caused no pain going down.

Also I got me some flavored water drinks that had no sugar, by sobe my favorite, or crystal light. Once in awhile I had a smoothie mix from Yoplait, it was good but I limited myself on that. good ole fashion ice water was good, sometimes a squeeze of lemon, for flavor. I cannot eat scrambled eggs for some reason, tum doesn't like em. Too bad cuz I love eggs. I like apple sauce too.

Anyway...glad to see your doing ok. And yes mental hunger is also a sign of us needing to do something, like go for a walk, or just some kind of stimulation.

I have learned I cannot sit back & allow my surgery to do ALL the wk for me, I have to invest time in myself as well. If I sat around all the time, I would think of food and wanna eat  even if I wasn't hungry, but I don't. I'm actually doing so much better. I do have a blog on mental hunger, it is pretty deep. if you care to read it. 

OK ttyl

KIT

Mellissa
 Mellissa 
~Happiness is just around the corner~

DrHollywood
on 6/5/11 2:32 am - Harbor City, CA
I was in clear liquids for the first two weeks.  My 3rd week I was on protein shakes and clear liquids.
Maybe your eating too early and its your sign to slow down in what your eating.  or it could be just one thing. 

You may want to stop it and return to that thing your eating next week.
Our tummy needs to heal......

You are very early out and I am sure your tummy needs to heal.

good luck

✿ L♦O♦V♦E ✿ & ✿ P♦E♦A♦C♦E ✿ღ ✿ & F♦R♦I♦E♦N♦D♦S ✿ ღ
                         "Keeping The Faith!"   "Slim by Summer!"
                                    HW: 250 - SW: 241  - CW: 154.7GW: 140  

1 month: 22 pounds (2162 months: 12.2 pounds (203.8)  3 months: 10.6  (193.2)
 4 months: 9.7  lbs  (183.5)  5 Months:   6  pounds  (177.5 ) 
6 Months: 12 lbs ( 165.5)
 7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

Hit "One-derland April 9th, 2011   (199.7)

"Half-Way Goal" April 25th, 2011 (194.8)

"Happyland 80`s" May 14, 2011  (189.6)

"Groovyland 70`s"  June 20th 2011  (179.9)

" HippyDippyland 60's"  July 16th  (169.8)

" CQQL-land 50`s"  August 25th ( 159.8)

"Normal BMI"   24.8  October 21st, 2011 (154.5) I am 5`6

"AWESOME-land 40's" Dec 1st 2011  (149)

"Century Club 100 Pounds"  Dec 1st 2011  (149)

' ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!"

Two Year Surgiversary!!!"

Most Active