NSV/Thankful--7 mo out.

Kelanore
on 6/13/11 3:42 am, edited 6/13/11 1:31 pm - MN
I'm 7 months out from surgery. I've lost about 85 lbs since I started my liquid diet pre-op and almost exactly 100 lbs total. <br />
<br />
This morning I took my measurements again. My waist is now 31.5 in (down from 43 in. and my hips are now 39.75 (down from 51 inches It was not my current measurements that hit me....but when I put the tape measure out to my 51" original hip measurement (while it was still around me) I could not believe the amount of extra space left there. <br />
<br />
Do I feel good--yes. I feel more like my old self. I feel like my outside is more of a true representation of who I am. However, it was really shocking to see just how much more space in the world I used to take up. <br />
<br />
I don't think I truly believed that this surgery would work--that I would ever be under 200 lbs agin. I went into the surgery feeling like this was all I knew what to do.<br />
<br />
I am so thankful to be 170. I'm thankful to be able to wear shorts in the summer and feel good about it. I'm thankful not to be embarrassed about the way that I look when I see friends and family, I'm thankful to be able to fit into any size 12 and some size 10s (a size that I actually think is appropriate for me), and finally I'm thankful that I'm starting to feel like the world is full of possibility again. <br />
<br />
I realize that my struggle with my weight will probably be just that for the rest of my life. However, for once, I feel like I'm on the winning side of that battle. For once, I don't feel crazed and out of control. <br />
<br />
At the beginning of this journey I thought that I would never be one of the people to say "I love my sleeve". Even after a successful surgery without any complications and very little pain I felt disappointed in myself for not accomplishing the weight-loss on my own. 7 months later I feel differently. I can officially say that "I love my sleeve". I'm glad I didn't waste another day weighing 270 lbs. I'm glad I took advantage of the tools I was able. I'm committed to be a healthier, happier more giving me. <br />
<br />
Okay...so I know this post is a little corny.. but after taking those measurements I feel very emotional and a little overwhelmed by the changes that have taken place in the last 7 months. <br />
<br />
Thanks to everyone on OH and best wishes to all the newbies that are starting their journey

2muchfluff
on 6/13/11 3:49 am
No, you are not being corny at all.  In fact, you are describing my journey and my feelings about it almost to a T.  I just didn't take measurements before I began.  But when I accidentally see my reflection somewhere, it shocks me because I don't even recognize myself.  I love my sleeve, too.  Thanks for posting this.  It makes me feel good.

SASSI11
on 6/13/11 4:13 am
Awesome to hear!  I am so happy you are doing so well and so excited to start my own journey.  My surgery is this Thursday and I can't wait. 

Congrats and keep up the awesome job!

Stephanie

Kelanore
on 6/13/11 1:22 pm - MN
Thanks Stephanie!! Good luck with your journey. I'll be sending good thought your way on Thursday!

Kelanore
on 6/13/11 1:14 pm - MN
yea! Congrats to you. Thanks for the nice post.
stephanie507
on 6/13/11 4:11 am - so. plfd, NJ
VSG on 02/09/11 with
Girl I feel the same way like I am free from my body even though I am 265 lbs at 5' 8" this is the smallest  I vie been in years.  I am enjoying the change I wish I had that special someone in my life that will come in time.  I love my sleeve to I felt the same as you did initially like I am a failure because i need to have surgery but I did to stop eating and living to eat.  This TOOL help me learn control and deal with the feeling I was suppressing with food.  Abandonment lose of people from my life from no fault of my own.  I still learning why I eat myself to over weight and health issues.  I am so grateful to GOD and my surgeon for god giving him the knowledge to save my life from ME.  I am still a work in progress.  But I am doing all this for me  ME not anyone else ME....I go to the gym 4 days a week and now Zumba on Wednesday nights and I play tennis with my now slimmer son.  He lost 78 lbs without surgery he is healthier I changed and he changed.  I am much happier and still losing this morning another 3 lbs off....I need to update my pictures......

Kelanore
on 6/13/11 1:17 pm - MN
Thanks for sharing your story. You look fantastic. I love to hear others are experiencing similar wonderful changes in their life!! I'm working out a lot too--spinning and physique 57 for me
VSG-LessOfMe
on 6/13/11 4:36 am - FL
 Great story, thanks for sharing.  

HW: 260 ~ Start Pre-Op Diet: 248 ~ Surgery Day: 238 ~ CW: 154.8

Kimmes
on 6/13/11 10:37 am
Thanks for sharing - you are doing excellent! Congrats on your weight loss!

Had VSG on Jan 6, 2011 with Dr. Jaime Ramos-Kelly
Start weight 239.8/Su
rgery Day 217.6/goal:155/Current Weight 144.0  I made it -Goal in less than 10 months

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

Kelanore
on 6/13/11 1:19 pm - MN
Thanks Kim!! We'll have to get together again when we hit our goal. If I remember correctly we're both trying to make it to 155. We should get there about the same time (fingers crossed and gymshoes on).

Most Active