I am 8 days out and so uncomfortable :((((

Arlen Soman
on 6/14/11 2:25 pm - sugar land, TX
 I am days days out and Just out of the hospital today :(( it's been a hard journey for me :((( painful to :(. can any one tell me when will I fell comfortable?? I don't know right now if I regret my decision or not :(((  
DJNICKL
on 6/14/11 2:31 pm
 i had a bicth of a recovery and i am just now feeling 100 percent at 7 weeks out ,, but every one is diffrent..... take a few weeks off if u can and rest up
Arlen Soman
on 6/14/11 2:33 pm - sugar land, TX
 Man that just sucks :(( my cousin is getting married this weekend and I was so looking forward to it :((  
Arlen Soman
on 6/14/11 2:34 pm - sugar land, TX
 what were you feeling like? so i can compare to my situation :))  
LittleMissSunshine
on 6/14/11 3:42 pm
I'm 3 weeks out (22 days) and am starting to feel like myself again.  My only complaint now is that the incisions still make themselves known now and again when I move certain ways.  Outside of that and still feeling a bit tired at the end of the day, I'm pretty much back to normal.

I hope your recovery is speedy and uneventful from this point forward!

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

(deactivated member)
on 6/15/11 12:16 am
 Most of the time when people post about regrets you hear the "I love my sleeve" routine the most.  Now a year from now I may love my sleeve.  I sure wasn't feeling love early on.  I am 8 weeks out now and I am just beginning to feel good.  But now my weight loss is stalled and that's  not fun either.  My recovery was DIFFICULT.  I would have to say that the first week was HELL the second only a bit better than that.  And things did start to get better after that.  Give it time.  Its not a walk in the park for everybody.  But now I am thinking its worth it as I do feel better for the weight loss that I have had.  I just need to get past this damn stall.  Right now I gain a lb. or two then loose them only to gain them back.  No matter that the boards are full of scientific reasons for stalls I never had them when I was on diets before surgery, go figure?
DrHollywood
on 6/15/11 1:05 am - Harbor City, CA
Hang in there.  It takes about a month to heal with a no complication surgery.
Just make yourself as comfortable as possible, know this is normal, ( unless
your pain is severe then go to the doctor) Know that this will pass, just continue
to walk, sip, and rest!   Congratulations with your surgery,....  it will get better!
Then you will enjoy it more!

✿ L♦O♦V♦E ✿ & ✿ P♦E♦A♦C♦E ✿ღ ✿ & F♦R♦I♦E♦N♦D♦S ✿ ღ
                         "Keeping The Faith!"   "Slim by Summer!"
                                    HW: 250 - SW: 241  - CW: 154.7GW: 140  

1 month: 22 pounds (2162 months: 12.2 pounds (203.8)  3 months: 10.6  (193.2)
 4 months: 9.7  lbs  (183.5)  5 Months:   6  pounds  (177.5 ) 
6 Months: 12 lbs ( 165.5)
 7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

Hit "One-derland April 9th, 2011   (199.7)

"Half-Way Goal" April 25th, 2011 (194.8)

"Happyland 80`s" May 14, 2011  (189.6)

"Groovyland 70`s"  June 20th 2011  (179.9)

" HippyDippyland 60's"  July 16th  (169.8)

" CQQL-land 50`s"  August 25th ( 159.8)

"Normal BMI"   24.8  October 21st, 2011 (154.5) I am 5`6

"AWESOME-land 40's" Dec 1st 2011  (149)

"Century Club 100 Pounds"  Dec 1st 2011  (149)

' ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!"

Two Year Surgiversary!!!"

walmartian
on 6/15/11 1:24 am
Make sure you walk around a good bit whether you feel like it or not, and a word of advice--don't try to 'ease' from sitting to standing or the reverse; going slow makes it MUCH worse.  And try to take normal sized steps when you walk, at a slow but normal pace. I think most of us here actually felt pretty good within a couple of days; I was very lucky and felt really-really good within a week and had to remind myself not to pick up anything heavy. And I'm 50 y.o. So, don't think, "It sucks, I will feel bad for sure this weekend".  Think, "I'm going to walk a good moderate amount, and drink all my water a sip at a time, and I'm going to feel so good I won't believe I had surgery by the weekend".

I know I'm sounding Pollyanna-ish, but positive thinking is a great help with any surgical recovery. I learned this from my Mom, who is nearly 80 and has cancer and other ailments and has had too many surgeries for me to remember--and yet she tries her best to do all her church and shopping activities, and complains very little.

Chimere
on 6/15/11 9:10 am
All of you that  had a really really hard time did you do a pre op diet.....like liquids for a wk or two? Im just curious.
Arlen Soman
on 6/15/11 2:59 pm - sugar land, TX
 I didn't have to do any :)  
Most Active