Surgery was on June 22nd and I went to work for a half day.

kimshealth
on 6/27/11 5:43 am - LA
My surgery was on June 22nd. Everything went great. Doctor was finished in 35 minutes, they said. Of course I do not remember a thing. I remember waking up to see my handsome angel named Dr Sartor, telling me I did great. It didn't feel like they started. He had me drinking 1once every 20 minutes. WOW. My mom would wake me up in my sleep. My troat was sore and had lots of gas pain. The gas pain is really painful but I did plenty of walking.

My mom , mother in law, and husband made this easy. Each day I got more and more strength. I even went in to work today for a couple of hours. I got my payroll done and answered a couple of emails, I even did a few sales. It was productive.

I have one problem NO Bowel Movement. What can I do? I've tried milk of mag and nothing. My stomach is bloated and in hurts from not being able to go.

Another thing I am down to 304. One of the best decisions that I have made in my life!!!!

roundater
on 6/27/11 5:57 am - Lincoln, NE
I am 18 days out and had had very little movement. Haven't had the pain though so not sure what to say on that  one except check with your surgeon. You should be seeing him 3 weeks out if it is like mine. Mine went smooth too. good luck.
Rich Sonderegger

Ms. Poker Face
on 6/27/11 5:58 am
Wow Kim, you must be doing really well!  There's no way I could work today, even a half day.  But good for you!!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

kimshealth
on 6/27/11 6:11 am - LA
I'm doing really good? Can't believe it myself. I can get in and out much better. I do not want to pu**** I'm a workaholic I was taking calls on Friday. I still have a shortness of breathe. I can't talk long. Today was my first day being able to hold a conversation. It's still callanging.

You will do great when you are ready. I wasn't even suppose to be back yet. Keep me posted.

wert
on 6/27/11 6:18 am - MN
Kim, Take it easy. Small steps. I'm so happy for you, tho, that you're feeling so good so soon.

BM? One of these days it will happen. You're probably not getting much in so there's not much to go out. I tried Milk of Mag. and wowie, it worked for me. Never trust a fart, as they say.

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

kimshealth
on 6/27/11 6:48 am - LA
That's what my mother in law said, take it easy. I am trying to. Thank you all for the advise. I am currently in the bed resting. My dog heard my stomach making sounds and she ran to the door barking. Maybe that's a sign I will be running to the bathroom. lol

Could_It_Be
on 6/27/11 6:01 am
Kim, you are a rockstar! I thought I was doing good cause I"m only on Tylenol and can fix my own soup and drinks. No way I could work today, I'm just too weak!

I have the opposite problem, crampy diarrhea so no advice there.

VSG on 6/22/11
kimshealth
on 6/27/11 6:17 am - LA
It seems like everyday I can do a bit more. I have been taking liquid Tylenol to I could sleep. I know that I shouldn't have but I want lessen the pain if I move wrong. My upper incision on right has been burning a bit. Guess that's normal. We will all, rock our sleeves!!! Keep me posted.

1london
on 6/27/11 8:23 am
Congratulations on being sleeved and doing so well, your amazing!!  Please don't overdo...take care of yourself.
Best wishes on your continued success!!
texaskc
on 6/27/11 9:26 am - KS
You are doing so well! Congrats! I wish that I could have gone work half day today. Everyday is getting better and better but I don't think that I could have gotten ready and gone to work. My main goal for was just shaving my legs! LOL So glad I got that done!
You are doing a great job...keep up the good work! Take care!
HW:282, SW:248, Pounds lost on liquid pre-op (3 weeks): 17 lbs, GW:180

1st month: -14lbs; 2nd month: -10lbs; 3rd month:-4lbs
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views