Eating like its my last meal ever HELP!

megamommy
on 6/29/11 8:12 am
Why am I doing this? I just got my date Sept 13th and ive been eating everything and everything like im never going to eat again. Its so sad. Most of you lost weight and im eating like no tommorow. I know its wrong but please tell me to STOP!!!

lucy2e
on 6/29/11 8:22 am - Laurel, MD
It's normal to have some food funerals.  But can you do it in a smart way?  Start making the small changes that you will need to follow after surgery - like eating lean protein first, if you eat chips - only do baked ones, try and eat veggies at every meal (at least lunch and dinner), and try to eat only every 3 - 4 hours with no snacks between meals.  Then is you splurge - it's not as bad.

Good luck!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

roundater
on 6/29/11 8:29 am - Lincoln, NE
Basically just stop and think and practice on how you will have to eat post op. It is not easy pre-op and if your surgeon requires that you lose some weight prior to surgery you can use the time to help develop the eating habits that will carry you to a succesful journey. Used salads and protein shakes for my pre-op> Let me know if I can help further.
Rich Sonderegger

theshrinkingmimi
on 6/29/11 8:44 am
Look, if we could eat like we were post-op while still pre-op, we wouldn't have had the surgery. You just got the date. You will settle down. Right now you are having a food panic attack.

I only had 2 weeks before my pre-op liquid diet started. I decided that I would have my favorite things but not make myself sick doing it. Try to be a little more controlled about it. Instead of saying that you can never have certain things again, tell yourself that you can have most things again one day. It may be several months or more.  Your reaction is psychological.

Also, you have over 2 months. So, you can get in your favorites over time. Pick some rules that you can live with. For example, always have healthy breakfast and snacks and allow 2-3 meals per week to have whatever you want accompanied with a healthy salad. That's just an example.

I don't know about you, but even before surgery if I went wild 3 meals in a row for a couple of days, I felt seriously ill- probably a sign of aging. So I chose to eat one of my favorite unhealthy meals (fried chicken, cheese smothered burrito, pizza) every other day for dinner with a salad and water.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
Laurie M.
on 6/29/11 8:51 am - KS
I know exactly how you feel! I already had my last DQ mini blizzard and starbuck's frappacino This week I found out I will have the surgery (selfpay) so now that I know it is going to happen I am ready to behave. Before that I was hogging everything in site cuz I was afraid the surgeon would say no since I have a low bmi. But now that I am going thru the motions..EGD,Psych,NUT  I started logging in myfitnesspal.com today and i walked 30 min. Good luck...I think it is a normal reaction...you will do great I am sure!

gracee44
on 6/29/11 8:57 am
We will be Sept surgury buddie, My date is Sept 19... I have kinda noticed that i am eating things i havnt been alowing myself also... what I have told my self though is that I want to be rdy for this and I need to start now... so back to the 1200 cal , low carb eating which I have already lost lost 35 lbs on... but my wedding ann is aug 28th which i am going to allow myself to go to our fav spot for dinner.. .. I am drinking my water (80 oz) and doing protien first.. walking 30 min a day... just to get rdy for this new life !!

Cant waite to to join you on the losers side in Sept ))

God Bless!

sleevegirl
on 6/29/11 9:18 am - Austin, TX
I gained 5 pounds in the two weeks prior to my two week pre op diet. I ate out sometimes three meals a day. I tried to be good when at home, but... seriously. What the hell, right?

I wouldn't sweat it. You'll probably be good again for a while and then start up right before your pre op again. Life will go on. I'm not hungry as a post op and I'm losing quickly so far and I don't really regret it either.

Just my 2 cents. Everyone handles this different.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

LittleMissSunshine
on 6/29/11 9:23 am
Everything said above, I just wanted to chime in and let you know that I went through the same thing and logged the progress on my blog if you're interested to read through it (just click on my name... you'll need to back up to the March or April time frame).

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

Monica W.
on 6/29/11 9:45 am - TX
I so wish I could tell you to stop but I had food funerals daily for 4 or 5 months . All I can say is that you will not be able to do that with the sleeve so enjoy it now, it will soon be very small portions. Good Luck

angieb77
on 6/29/11 10:02 am - Blaine, MN
 I had food funerals.  I didn't binge but I did eat some of my favorite not so healthy foods.  I told myself mentally that this was the last time I would ever eat this again, etc.  It worked for me mentally and it was what I needed.  That was a few weeks before my pre-op diet started.

Make sure you start the preop diet when the doctor says.  Start to get used to protein shakes.  Maybe start to swap them out for breakfast, etc in the next few weeks.  I think as long as you don't gain weight you are probably ok.  But losing weight preop is really the best for you and it helps to shrink your liver.

HW: 375 SW: 325 CW: 263 GW: 160
Pre-Surgery WL: 50lbs

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 60 views