Sum it up in one sentence

megamommy
on 7/4/11 1:37 am
Hey Sleeved Friends! Getting mentally ready for my surgery in September. It seems like the common theme is ......sleeve is worth it but the first month is brutal.
Can you sum up your experience in a sentence?
Thanks!
StrawWalker
on 7/4/11 1:41 am
Very rewarding.

Take care
Straw Walker
bursonc
on 7/4/11 1:50 am
The first month is a chance to get your mind ready for a great journey, with longing looks at the pantry and in the fridge, knowing that you can only look and then realizing... I only looked!!!
(deactivated member)
on 7/4/11 2:43 am
Five days after my surgery, my sentence is:
"This is the best thing I have ever done for myself."
keatmon81
on 7/4/11 2:51 am

coming out of surgery is tough but each day gets better and better. I am 18 days out

megamommy
on 7/4/11 3:10 am
Thank you so much! I  just have to be prepared to tell myself at the beginning that this is tempory but my new life permanent!

Suane
on 7/4/11 3:43 am - Livingston County, MI
Over 7 months out, and I cannot remember that first month as horrible, because it flew by just like the rest of these months.

Always the best wishes, Sue 

HW: 261   SW: 248.5   CW: 154  GW: 135     5' 2"

roundater
on 7/4/11 3:57 am - Lincoln, NE
Positive from day 1. Minimal pain gone in 2 days no complications 24 days out feel great. Would do it over again in a heartbeat.
Rich Sonderegger

(deactivated member)
on 7/4/11 4:09 am
My first month's experience in one sentence: Wow, this was much easier than I ever anticipated!

Seriously, it was far from horrible for me. It was an easy recovery, no issues with the liquids phases, and no food transition issues.. oh, and no hunger or cravings  :) Not everybody is like this, but I am very happy with everything and would gladly repeat it all if needed. I've had bad colds make me more miserable than I was recovering from this major surgery.

Good luck, you've got some months to get your head in the right place- keep on asking questions and reading!

-Jo

theshrinkingmimi
on 7/4/11 5:48 am

My first mont was NOT brutal. Even my hospital stay was pretty easy. I was released about 6 hours early because I was so good. The only issue was the first week of having trouble drinking water. That was pretty normal, but not painful.  I was really worried about dehydration though.

My 1 sentence summary: I feel proud, hopefule, and blessed that I was able to take control of my life and future.

Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
Most Active