Last Night

msleesa
on 7/6/11 12:58 am
 Last night I felt really dizzy and my eye sight became very blurry. I felt so weak as if I was about to pass out with a tingling in my face. My mom took my blood pressure and it was kind of high but not really high. Then I took my blood sugar and It was 99 but she said that was not enough for me to feel the way I did. I then had to take to mints and I felt normal again. I'm thinking the reason was my blood sugar because this is not the first time that has happened to me. I've felt the same exact feeling when I didn't eat anything and I went to the gym. I'm on my pre-op diet. for the beginning of it I was drinking 2 protein shakes and a hard boiled egg for dinner, then i went from just having 3 protein shakes a day with no solid food, and then on monday i had my shakes then a salad for dinner. Now my doctor told me to take a laxative three days before surgery. I took it and it's been killing my stomach. I can't go out anywhere because of the constant need to use that bathroom. I've been drinking all yesterday and today to make sure the laxative doesn't make me dehydrated. What do you guys think is wrong with me?
Jah Bless 

Jennchap
on 7/6/11 1:03 am - CA
sounds like it could be dehydration. Drink drink drink baby...
HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

IrishColleen
on 7/6/11 1:20 am - Owosso, MI
 Call your doc!!   We can all guess at what it might be but you shouldn't take chances this close.

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity and fear but a spirit of power and love and self discipline."  2 Tim. 1:7     So with HIS power, love and self-discipline - I WILL DO THIS!
HW:250 SW: 232 CW: 164  GW: 150 
cattywompos
on 7/6/11 1:21 am
Couple things...your getting a bit dehydrated...and you are detoxing.  I had raging headaches, dizzy spellls, all that my first week or so on my pre-op diet.  Hang on baby and make sure you keep drinking!
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

roundater
on 7/6/11 1:51 am - Lincoln, NE
Definitely check with your doc. You have come so far and have overcome so many obstacles. Don't take a chance on derailing when you are this close.
Rich Sonderegger

msleesa
on 7/6/11 3:05 am
 My PCP is 2hrs away for me though. I've been drinking all day. I feel way better than I did last night. I hope that doesn't happen again because it's beyond scary.
Jah Bless 

MyOwnSunshine
on 7/6/11 3:44 am
A blood glucose of 99 is a solid normal -- not low at all. 
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
Most Active