Define Mushy..

kimshealth
on 7/7/11 5:57 am - LA
Someone please define mushy for me. The only this that I have eaten was tuna and talapia fish. This has stayed down. I tried refried beans they came up soon as I sat up from the table. I knew that was coming. I was always picky of what ate and I'm running out of options. I do not eat chocolate so that limits the shakes to only vanilla. The shake are starting to make me sick my stomach. I need options..... Can I eat turkey meat balls smashed up?

Herbie55
on 7/7/11 6:07 am - MI
My concept of mushy was something I could swallow without having to have chewed it (although I did chew somewhat). Ground chicken salad, tuna salad, even egg salad which had been finely chopped. Never did try refried beans. Have you tried the eggface site for some ideas?
kimshealth
on 7/7/11 6:15 am - LA
I have to check that site out. I saw that someone had posted a link to it yesterday. I have been looking on different sites to get some kind of varity. I may have to stick with the fish and tuna. Thank you

Lisalean4sure
on 7/7/11 6:38 am - San jose, CA
Hello~

Mushy to me was Jamba juices with soy protein added in, cottage cheese, tuna, cream soups, chicken blended, baked beans instead of refried beans. All I can say is a trial and error with food and make a list what works and doesn't. Good luck...enjoy yourself with food tastings. 
Could_It_Be
on 7/7/11 6:40 am
Mushy = prechewed
sianabob
on 7/7/11 6:41 am
if you can feed it to a 6 month old without worrying that they will choke.. if you can cut it with a plastic fork... if you can sma**** with your tounge on the roof of your mouth without teeth.. those are a few of the explainations people gave me.. during my mushie stage I ate refried beans(or any beans really), cottage cheese, shakes, soft cheeses, baked potatoes(no skin) with protien powder sprinkled in it with, soups with additional protien powder.. the campbells hearty ones.. tuna, chili (pureed), my nut said crackers since they disolve.. however I didnt eat them.. scrambled eggs, baby foods...

Faye56
on 7/7/11 7:29 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with
Someone posted this book on here this morning and I thought I would try it out.
"Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery". Not sure it will have the mushy stuff in it but you might try it out. I am.
LittleMissSunshine
on 7/7/11 10:48 am

As my surgeon would say, "if you can chew it, don't do it!"

My stand-bys have been roast chicken pureed with gravy, corned beef hash (canned... I like Hormel/Mary Kitchen's version), sloppy joes (pureed) with sour cream on the side, pureed hot dogs and beans, pureed egg salad (just eggs and mayo), string cheese, ritz crackers with hummus and, of course, protein shakes.

Tonight I'm feeling adventurous; I'm going to try pureed shrimp with some ****tail sauce.

Just keep trying different things until you find something that works for you... good luck!

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

roundater
on 7/7/11 12:22 pm - Lincoln, NE
Lo fat cottage cheese has always worked good for me.
Rich Sonderegger

Rouxful
on 7/7/11 1:00 pm
 I must have an iron sleeve, because I have not thrown up ONCE since surgery, even though I've really pushed my luck a few times, mostly out of necessity. Five days out, I had an ounce or two of refried beans, but it left me feeling ill all day. Oatmeal has always sat well with me, as has cottage cheese, yogurt, pudding, jello, applesauce and tuna salad. Scrambled eggs also made a quick and satisfying snack. 

Things I tried that were a mistake include:

Mac n' Cheese (I was at a restaurant and it was my only option)
Mashed Potatoes (sometimes it was fine, others it left me feeling like sh** all day)
Half a teaspoon of rice (was curious, chewed it well almost puked)

So I'm noticing a trend here...Simple carbs are still not the greatest choice. To be fair, I'd be throwing down the veggies and salad if I could right now.

Cheese of any kind two and a half weeks out seems to be a good bed, so long as it's chewed thoroughly. Carb-smart Ice Cream is also a great snack too. 

HW 403 / SW 372 / CW 204 / GW 199    

Most Active