How much can one eat 1 mth after surgery?

Arlen Soman
on 7/6/11 8:42 am - sugar land, TX
 How much can one eat 1 mth after surgery? today I had one whole fish fillet for lunch. and if I would have waited I could probably had more is that normal or not? am I eating to much? in the beginning ( my recovery) was very very difficult I couldn't even get in all my liquids :( but now its getting better :) but i don't want to stretch my sleeve out :(  your suggestions and answers are highly appreciated :)))  
gonersmom
on 7/6/11 8:51 am
The best advice I can give is to measure, measure, weigh, weigh....and stick to the amounts your doctor or nut have suggested. That way you know you are doing things properly.

Best wishes.

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
Mom4Jazz
on 7/6/11 8:52 am
Depends on how big and how moist the fillet was. I would suggest you measure your food - don't serve yourself out more than 2 oz. Eat slowly so your body has time to register that you're satisfied - if you eat too quickly, you'll pass that point without knowing it because it takes time for it to register.

The question isn't "how much can I eat?" That's a great way to maximize the answer, and that's not what you want. The question is "how much does it take for me to feel satisfied?" Don't eat any more than that, even if you can.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

Sandy S.
on 7/6/11 9:00 am
Gee I am almost 1 month out and I am on Fulll liquidsfor 3 more weeks.  If I eat too fast I can eat more or should I say drink.  When will it ever end?  Sorry for the rant but I am sick of soup.  I agree  measure and  eat slowly 

"Step by step the longest march can be won,"  Sweet Honey and the Rock- Peace, San  HW 463 Surgery: 6/13/11; SW 413      
roundater
on 7/6/11 9:01 am - Lincoln, NE
Every doc and NUT is different. Mine are fairly liberal as to what I can have. I am on pretty much anything my stomach can tolerate. Check with your doc for concerns about stretching the sleeve.
Rich Sonderegger

Heather T.
on 7/6/11 9:18 am
I eat about 3 ounces, sometimes 4 ounces.  I weigh my foods so I know exactly how much I am eating so I can count every calorie.  Sometimes I feel like I can eat a lot more than that.  I even made a comment to a friend yesterday that I don't think the surgery was performed.  I don't get that "restriction" feeling.  I do know that I eat fast and need to slow it up---LOTS! 

Good luck!

First Goal: loss of 30.25 pounds (1/4 of weight) GOAL MET ON 6/15/2011
Second Goal: loss of 60.5 pounds (1/2 of weight)  GOAL MET ON 9/24/2011
Third Goal: loss of  90.75 pounds (3/4 of weight)
Fourth Goal: loss of 121 pounds (100% of weight)

acbbrown
on 7/6/11 10:09 am - Granada Hills, CA
I'm still on puree/mushy stage. Right now, I eat about 1/2 cup of food at a time or 2 oz of meat. I feel absolutely no kind of restriction, but I also don't really feel any hunger, so I just measure and weigh all my food.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

skylark2011
on 7/6/11 10:57 am
I am on the puree stage too, and pretty much have the same things going on.  I can eat from 2 to 3 oz of meat or 1/2 cup of something like  sf applesauce or protein shake. I've been experimenting with non pureed string cheese this week with no complications.  Everyone is different though.
frisco
on 7/6/11 12:54 pm
About a half of a scrambled egg.......

Frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Most Active