1 yr anniversary before and now pics

Newme209
on 7/17/11 9:26 am - NJ
Hi Everyone!

It's been a while since I've posted anything but since I just passed my one yr mark I wanted to share my progress.  This has been the best decision I EVER made!  I was very lucky to not have any complications following my surgery.  I had high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and was heading for borderline diabetes.  I HAVE NONE OF THAT TODAY!!!  I take NO meds anymore! 

The sleeve gave me my life back.  I now chose to take the 3 flights of stairs to and from my car to my office, I exercise regularly, I basically eat what I want to eat.  But I always reach for healthy foods first.  I'm no angel though...I still have no-nos.  But its so different now...not sure if it's a guilt trip or I've really learned to eat properly.  I didn't go through this extreme lifestyle change to go back my old eating habits.  This surgery was my last resort of getting my life onto a healthy track.  So there's no way I'd screw it up by eating the crap I once did.

At the beginning, I had much more restriction than I do today.  Some foods (yogurt, cottage cheese, salad) don't keep me full for very long, so I've learned to eat denser foods to sustain that full feeling longer.  I eat 4-5 times/day, anywhere from 3 to 4 hrs apart.  As soon as I went back to the gym (4 wks postop) my Dr told me to increase my calories to 1200.  I've done that and have had no problem losing 94% of my 100 lb excess body weight. 

Stalls/plateaus suck, but they happen.  I've learned to mix up my routine to kick start the loss process again.  Either by different exercises or different eating habits for a couple days.  Hair loss is still happening, but it's also that time of year that a little more shedding is going on.  I do see new growth so no despair!  I love being able to go into ANY store now and try on clothes...and they ALL fit!  i do have saggy skin, but lotions help.  I also noticed that in time, it's almost as if my skin rearranged itself.  I used to have a turkey neck as the weight was coming off, but it's gone now.  So I see why some plastic surgeons say to wait  a while after extreme weight loss to see where your skin will end up on it's own first.  I don't see my pani going anywhere though!

For anyone sitting on the fence deciding if they want to go this route, I have to agree with Nike and JUST DO IT!  Wishing you all great results and good health in your journey!

A FEW DAYS AFTER SURGERY  ........................    ABOUT 3 MONTHS POSTOP

THEN            ...........................................................        NOW

I'm 5'6.5 
HW 253   SW 238 (-15 lbs preop)   CW 153

Final goal: 150-155 ...MET 153 (-100lbs) 11/24/11)

Valerie K.
on 7/17/11 9:29 am - Dearborn, MI
 you look great nice job with your sleeve.
My surgeon gave me the tool. Now it is up to me to use it right.

ugot2bu
on 7/17/11 12:18 pm - Lawton, OK
Thank you for your inspirational words. You've came a long way and done excellent. I am new to the sleeved  world. I feel good but am stuck with the same loss since right after surgery. I am not complaining as Tues., will be two weeks post op. I am sure my surgeon is happy with me. He should be as I have not cheated and trying hard to use the tool.    Thank you again!  Stay Blessed.

Starting my new sleeved-life on 7/5/11!

PEG

DebbieL.
on 7/17/11 9:49 am - OK
Congratulations!  You look amazing!  And thanks for your inspiring words.

DrHollywood
on 7/17/11 10:03 am - Harbor City, CA
Fantastic!!   You LQQK WONDERFUL!   WTG!!
Keep up the great work!  you must feel better
and I love seeing this with people!  thanks for sharing.

✿ L♦O♦V♦E ✿ & ✿ P♦E♦A♦C♦E ✿ღ ✿ & F♦R♦I♦E♦N♦D♦S ✿ ღ
                         "Keeping The Faith!"   "Slim by Summer!"
                                    HW: 250 - SW: 241  - CW: 154.7GW: 140  

1 month: 22 pounds (2162 months: 12.2 pounds (203.8)  3 months: 10.6  (193.2)
 4 months: 9.7  lbs  (183.5)  5 Months:   6  pounds  (177.5 ) 
6 Months: 12 lbs ( 165.5)
 7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

Hit "One-derland April 9th, 2011   (199.7)

"Half-Way Goal" April 25th, 2011 (194.8)

"Happyland 80`s" May 14, 2011  (189.6)

"Groovyland 70`s"  June 20th 2011  (179.9)

" HippyDippyland 60's"  July 16th  (169.8)

" CQQL-land 50`s"  August 25th ( 159.8)

"Normal BMI"   24.8  October 21st, 2011 (154.5) I am 5`6

"AWESOME-land 40's" Dec 1st 2011  (149)

"Century Club 100 Pounds"  Dec 1st 2011  (149)

' ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!"

Two Year Surgiversary!!!"

Lisa D.
on 7/17/11 10:47 am - New Orleans, LA
How cute you are!   Thank you for sharing your success with us!
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

Crissy327
on 7/17/11 11:04 am - NC
You look so cute!!

I love the skirt and a scarf tied around your waist! I miss so much being able to wear skirts and actually tie something around my waist!

I can't wait to join you!

You look fantastic!!!
On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
Virgie Tschirhart
on 7/17/11 11:21 am - Midwest City, OK
RNY on 12/27/17
You look OUTSTANDING!!!  Great Job!!! 

Virgie Tschirhart

Lap Band - 2008, Sleeve - 2009, RYN - 2017

Started Program Weight July 13, 2017 - 194.2

Before Surgery Weight December 27, 2017 - 185.0

Current Weight - February 2018 - 161.0

huggs4life
on 7/17/11 11:46 am
I am so proud of you I just had my surgery five weeks ago and I am glad that I have taken the same step that you have been doing it. I am still finding my way around this website and do not know how to post my before weight and the weight that I am now. Please tell me how to do it. Thanks and you look great.
KauaiLulu
on 7/17/11 12:40 pm - HI
 Awesome blossom!  You look great and I can tell from your words how much better life is for you now.  I can hardly wait (start pre-op diet tomorrow - sleeved on 7/27)

Keep the posts coming, they are inspirational and motivating for pre-oppers.

Aloha,

Lulu
Enjoying the journey......

Most Active