Pain in Left side

Linda B.
on 7/24/11 1:13 pm, edited 7/24/11 1:21 pm - CA
Hello
I am 18 weeks out tomorrow. I saw my trainer last on Fri and have some ab & pec soreness. That is typical for me depending on what part of my body she works. This weekend however, while I was driving a distance, I noticed a nagging soreness and pain in my LEFT side under the lower part of my ribs. I had to reposition to get relief. When I press on that area it is sore, but the opposite side is not that way. I am getting a little scared because I am thinking it is surgery related. Like my stomach or a hernia or something.
Has anyone else at my time out from surgery experienced anything like this? My bowels are regular and I am not nauseated, but this pain is a little scary.
Thanks,
Linda B

Awesome workout: www.ujamfitness.com 

HW=249#  SW= 236#  CW 179#  TOTAL=71 lost BMI= 30.6
Lose weight with me at LIVESTRONG.COM

MediumSoon
on 7/24/11 2:16 pm - TX
I'm no doctor, but seems to me that 18 weeks out you're probably looking at hernia or simple muscle soreness (possible strain or tear). Call your doc to make sure but I've had serious soreness like this from working out many times. Sleep well tonight - and call to make sure it's nothing to worry about in the morning.

Linda B.
on 7/24/11 2:17 pm - CA
Thank you...I emailed him and hoping for NO hernia.....
Linda B

Awesome workout: www.ujamfitness.com 

HW=249#  SW= 236#  CW 179#  TOTAL=71 lost BMI= 30.6
Lose weight with me at LIVESTRONG.COM

MediumSoon
on 7/24/11 2:21 pm - TX
Hernia would suck - but not NEARLY as bad as other things! I'd put my $$ on muscle strain.

Most Active