Birth control???

kimshealth
on 7/26/11 10:44 am - LA
I would like to know what birth control is being used with the ladies. I have high blood pressure so never really took any. Which one will not cause weight gain etc etc. I have to get on something.

Jackie00
on 7/26/11 10:51 am
Nothing is 100%  other then abscence, so double up from what I am hearing on here you can become very fertile.
Ms Shell
on 7/26/11 11:18 am - Hawthorne, CA
I've been on the pill off and on all my life.  I went off just before surgery and back on after month 3 I think.  I've never gained/lost weight from the pill.  But there is the patch plus condom, the shot plus condom.  I say plus because you are more fertile as you lose weight.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

kimshealth
on 7/26/11 11:36 am - LA

I know that I need something. I want a family and have always had problems with getting pregnant.  I will see my doctor on Tuesday so that he can prescribe me something.

Thank you both for the help.

kanga003
on 7/26/11 11:34 am
Sorry ladies... the sex ed teacher in me says NO to doubling up... increases friction on the condoms and can LEAD to breakage...

I'm in the same boat... condoms or maybe a diaphram are my only options, partly because I WANT to get pregnant as soon as I can (or at least have the option) so I don't want to mess with hormones unless I have to... I have enough of those problems :-)
Ariana_Rose
on 7/26/11 12:04 pm - NJ
VSG on 07/06/11 with
On July 26, 2011 at 6:34 PM Pacific Time, kanga003 wrote:
Sorry ladies... the sex ed teacher in me says NO to doubling up... increases friction on the condoms and can LEAD to breakage...

I'm in the same boat... condoms or maybe a diaphram are my only options, partly because I WANT to get pregnant as soon as I can (or at least have the option) so I don't want to mess with hormones unless I have to... I have enough of those problems :-)
When they say double up I think they mean like.. condoms + pill, Shot + condom..etc. Not two condoms :)
"Nothing great is ever achieved without much enduring." - St. Catherine of Sienna

Ariana_Rose
on 7/26/11 12:03 pm - NJ
VSG on 07/06/11 with
I am on Yaz.. was just taken off of it last week, and prescribed Lo~LoEstrin FE. We'll see what happens with the change. My OB/Gyn told me I need to be super careful and definitely double up on the protection because fertility shoots way up when you are losing weight rapidly.
"Nothing great is ever achieved without much enduring." - St. Catherine of Sienna

onemoretry
on 7/26/11 12:10 pm - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
I have not had surgery yet, but I have an IUD. I had one for 2 years, took it out when I wanted to get pregant and went right back to the IUD right after my daughter was born.
Brittany E.
on 7/26/11 12:18 pm - Norman, OK
I have an IUD as well and it's my second favorite thing in my body aside from my sleeve lol
HW: 325-SW weight: 305     
Most Active