Got my date, yeah!

jennay80
on 7/29/11 11:20 am - Elmore, OH
 Got my date for my sleeve, September 12th!!!  Preparing as I stock up on foods (babyfood, apple sauce, PROTEIN POWDERS AND DRINKS, bottles of water, etc...  Some things I am scared of....

1.  2 weeks of plain yogurt, jello, broth, etc YUCK...  Anyone have good ideas for making two weeks go by and not starving myself?

2.  Not being able to see my kids the day of surgery because I may sleep all day from surgery, how has it been for all of you?  My surgery is first in the morning, will i be able to stay awake and feel okay at 6pm to see my kids?

3.  THROWING UP, I hate to throw up, almost a phobia....  Should I expect this?

4.  Learning how much of what I can stand after surgery...  I am a little worried I'll drink too much and do the unthinkable, puke!

Any advice always helps!  Glad I got my date and ready for a life change!!!!
DrHollywood
on 7/29/11 11:43 am - Harbor City, CA
Congratulations!

✿ L♦O♦V♦E ✿ & ✿ P♦E♦A♦C♦E ✿ღ ✿ & F♦R♦I♦E♦N♦D♦S ✿ ღ
                         "Keeping The Faith!"   "Slim by Summer!"
                                    HW: 250 - SW: 241  - CW: 154.7GW: 140  

1 month: 22 pounds (2162 months: 12.2 pounds (203.8)  3 months: 10.6  (193.2)
 4 months: 9.7  lbs  (183.5)  5 Months:   6  pounds  (177.5 ) 
6 Months: 12 lbs ( 165.5)
 7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

Hit "One-derland April 9th, 2011   (199.7)

"Half-Way Goal" April 25th, 2011 (194.8)

"Happyland 80`s" May 14, 2011  (189.6)

"Groovyland 70`s"  June 20th 2011  (179.9)

" HippyDippyland 60's"  July 16th  (169.8)

" CQQL-land 50`s"  August 25th ( 159.8)

"Normal BMI"   24.8  October 21st, 2011 (154.5) I am 5`6

"AWESOME-land 40's" Dec 1st 2011  (149)

"Century Club 100 Pounds"  Dec 1st 2011  (149)

' ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!"

Two Year Surgiversary!!!"

mhall255
on 7/29/11 2:07 pm
CONGRATULATIONS! 
I am still in the process... My insurance requires a psych. eval so I am going to have that August 2nd. I also have some thyroid cysts that have to be looked at. I hope I can have my surgery this Decemember.  
Happy for you!!!
Misty
jennay80
on 7/30/11 1:17 pm - Elmore, OH
 Thanks!  Time will go fast as it always does.  I had the psy eval and said I was OCD and that made me have to have 4 weeks of Doc visits, grrrrrr....  I passed the rest though haha!  Good luck!
BJUpNorth
on 7/29/11 10:26 pm, edited 7/29/11 10:26 pm - MN

Congratulations on your surgery date! Everything will go fine.

1. Won't lie to you. The first month is kinda YUCK. Just remember SF Jello, SF pudding, and SF popsicles. It helps to have different flavors of things. And don't stock up too much. The month will go fast and you may be sick of the stuff after that.
2. You should be able to see your kids. If surgery is fisrt thing in the morning, you will be somewhat awake by the afternoon. I know I drifted in and out, but I could still visit with my family.
3. This is something your surgeon does NOT want you to do either. Some people have lots of nausea, but if you feel sick, let the nurses know right away and they can give you meds in your IV. They help A LOT!!!
4. You will not get anything by mouth after surgery until you have your leak test. Once you are cleared, ususally they start you out on ice chips, then slowly sips of water. Just take it slow. At home, I know some people us a kids sippy cup and that seems to help with the sipping.

Wishing you the best of luck on your journey. Hope some of this helps.

Brenda

jennay80
on 7/30/11 1:15 pm - Elmore, OH
 Thanks for all of the information you gave.  Yes, I will be sure to have many varieties here because who knows what will work for me.  Yes, they will know before surgery, I have an appointment with the medical team 2 weeks before.  Thanks again!
megamommy
on 7/30/11 7:09 am
Hey Sleeve sister! Thats my date too!!!! We can go through this pre op diet together! Im nervous too!

jennay80
on 7/30/11 1:06 pm - Elmore, OH
 Sounds awesome!  I will have Internet at the hospital too so perhaps a few blahs then haha
wert
on 7/30/11 7:23 am - MN
My recovery was simply amazing. Better than I ever could have expected.

I'd be really surprised if you vomit. Some people do because of anesthesia. If this is something that's happened to you after prior surgeries talk to the anesthesiologist. He/she can take care of that for you. I vomited, kind of, the night I got home from the hospital. The RX I took for restless legs didn't agree with me AT ALL. I called the prescribing doc the next day and she changed the RX. No vomiting or any kind of stomach upset since then.

Let your kids wait a day to visit. You'll feel a lot more awake by day 2. 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

jennay80
on 7/30/11 1:09 pm - Elmore, OH
 Thanks for the info, yes, it makes me sick to have anest. yuck!  I just know when I woke after my hip replacement I could not see my kids, there was no way, hoping by the evening my hubby can bring them for at least a few hugs, love my babies!
Most Active