A little encouragement for pre-ops. I feel so damn good!

therese50
on 8/3/11 2:26 am - Lansing, MI
Hey all.  I wanted to just say that every single day I feel better and better.  My surgery was January 11, 2011 and though I can't figure out my ticker, I've lost 62 lbs so far.  I recently joined a walk/run group for women over 50 that meets twice weekly for group walk/runs.  Last night I did a three mile fast walk.  I felt so GOOD.  I know many of you are pre-op, worried about whether or not you can do this.  I had all the same worries and came here to talk about them.  I thank Diane and many others who listened to my fears, and encouraged me.  Now I'm able to say it-this is a blessing.  I'm not to goal yet, but still on my way, but I am so happy I did this.  I was so disconnected from my body at my highest weight.  At five feet tall, 208 lbs is way too much.  Now, I feel light and free.  I feel at home in my body, connected to myself in ways I haven't been in years.  More than that, I feel my body thanking me when I'm walking and eating right.  This poor little thing put up with all the trash food and lack of movement for so long, that now it's more than happy to walk three miles.  Just take the leap, all the details fall into place.  You won't regret it!

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/11 2:31 am
Great post! Thanks for the preview of things to come!
Lori B.
on 8/3/11 3:06 am
I love this post!

I too was disconnected back when I was almost 300 lbs last year. My anxiety and stress levels are also much better since exercising regularly too.

Congrats to you!!!!!!

~Lori
~Lori

HW 286.5   GW 155   CW 153
G-Wiz
on 8/3/11 3:16 am - LA
THANKS for the support! my surgery in next tuesday and it is like you are in my brain listening. Now I can breath alittle better.

HW:387#,  CW: 341.7#,  SW:326.5#, GW 180#...
SLEEVE SURGERY DATE  AUGUST 9, 2011.....                      
cabcab
on 8/3/11 5:01 am
VSG on 01/06/11 with
My surgery was January 6, 2011 and I feel the same way.  It's the best thing I've ever done.  I have so much more energy than I had.  I mean, I had NO energy back in December.  It is just a tool, there are ways to eat around it, but I think that it has helped me to change my mindset about food.  I love going to Zumba class and I'm getting better and better at it.

To the newbies and pre-ops - you CAN do this!  My only regret is not doing it sooner.
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 44 views