Officially sleeved !

Cristina S.
on 8/3/11 2:15 pm - New Britain, CT
 Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I was sleeved yesterday around noon. I did have a reaction to the anesthesia in that every time I woke up in recovery I felt anxiety ridden but that went away when I was wheeled to my room.. So far that day seems like a blur because I was in  and out of sleep. Some pain when I get up out of bed but mostly a feeling of like doing a 100 crunches or being hit in the stomach. I also was having heartburn from the lack of food so I was given Nexium. Nurses all said I was doing good and I was the only 1 I saw walking around as much as a I did. I had 2 leak tests.... a dye and an upper GI where I thought I was going to vomit that horrible liquid. 

Just had some sf pudding that the hospital gave me before I went home and I only could eat half of a condiment cup (2oz?) I am not sure if it's just gas from no food in my stomach or restriction but I didn't want to take my chances and I put it down.  I wasn't hungry till now but I don't have the desire to eat. Also I just might be craving water so I am trying to sip sip sip. Anyway even on this laptop I'm struggling with this post.... talk to you all later and once again thank you! 

C. Champion
on 8/3/11 2:26 pm - Minneapolis, MN
Yay for you to be sleeved! Glad you are doing well. I hope I get pudding after surgery but I think I am only allowed clear liquids for one week, that will not be fun at all!
rosapain
on 8/3/11 4:54 pm - Amityville, NY
HURRAH,Job well done. happy and excited for you
great    
1london
on 8/3/11 8:00 pm
Walking really does help huh?  I am happy for you that you are doing so well.  Take care of yourself and keep us posted!
Danidan
on 8/4/11 2:04 am
 My surgery day is coming up and I have been reading all the post regarding the most recent surgeries.  Thanks for posting!  Glad you are doing!!!  Keep us posting!

Most Active