Need Excuse

megamommy
on 8/9/11 7:37 am
I am in sales and have to have a lot of business lunches/Dinners. I need an excuse for when im on pre-op/post op Diets. I dont want everyone knowing my business especially my boss. What can I say??? Also..any good tips on what to eat out at restaurants thats the best choice
Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 8/9/11 7:41 am
that u just have decided that u want to do the cooking yourself and you rather know what is going into your foods and that you are trying to eat healthier?
Elaine2
on 8/9/11 8:21 am - Atlanta, GA
After you get through about 6 weeks of post op...depending on your surgeon's plan...it get allot easier. You can order from the menu and take home the leftovers (might not be the best idea from a business meeting) or order from the app menu. Shrimp ****tail and a side of veggie looks pretty normal to clients. Lots of other choices---crab cakes (a little higher in carbs but not bad); mussels, burger (no bun), etc.

Your pre op and initial post op diets are a little more difficult. Soup usually works best I think
I would just say something like (if they even ask)...Started a strict diet but just didn't want to miss their company (make them feel special).

Just my thoughts.

wert
on 8/9/11 8:26 am - MN
You're on a strict eating plan under the direction of your doctor. You're accountable for what you eat and blood work will show if you've been off plan or not. How about that for an excuse? If that's not enough, tell him -is it a him?- it's women stuff and you're not comfortable talking about it to a man. That usually gets them to change the subject pretty quick.

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

Smardeepants
on 8/9/11 10:05 am
I think other posters gave some great advice! Stick with soups very early out, then softer foods during mushy stages. (Diners and cafes... or any place that does eggs is easy/great if you can tolerate them). 

You could also order decaf coffee, stir in some protein, and say something along the lines of "ate a late breakfast, saving room for dinner"... whatever works.

Once you're a tad further out, it DOES get easier! I was cleared for salads at 1mo post-op. I can easily pick at and eat the chicken, cheese, eggs, etc-- and all the pushing it around makes it LOOK like I ate much more than I did. (Which is great when you don't want people in your business).

MN_Mama
on 8/9/11 10:13 am

You can always have a cup of soup and tell them you a) had a big lunch, or b) are expecting a large dinner.

If it's people you see often, just tell them you're on a low carb, high nutrition plan to lose some extra weight.  It's simple, true, and will work with even a full liquids diet. 

Cream soups, scrambled eggs or chili is usually available for soft foods.  Now I often get an appetizer for my meal.  Just let them know to bring it with everyone else's!

I'm sure you'll do fine.

megamommy
on 8/10/11 11:41 pm
thank you so much! Great suggestions!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 42 views