PCOS'ERS WITH SLEEVE

laurabelle2009
on 8/10/11 7:05 am
Yah!! Surgery is Monday 8/15, so excited to regain my health. Would appreciate hearing from my PCOS Sisters and how things are going for you? I know that many have gone the RNY route to assist with weight loss secondary to malabsorption. However my research has shown many successful pcos pts with the sleeve!! Thanks in advance if you take a moment to reply, and would appreciate your future prayers and support as I am a newbie, kinda sorta!!? Have a Blessed Day, Laurie
morganhillbabe
on 8/10/11 7:08 am - morgan hill, CA
HEY MY NAME IS REBECCA I HAD MY SURGERY AUG 1ST WOULD LOVE TO KEEP IN TOUCH IM DOING WONDERFUL! LIKE ALMOST BACK TO THE GYM WONDERFUL! SO U WILL BE RUNNING ALONG HERE WITH ME..CLOSE DATES.. LOOK ME UP ON FACEBOOK WE CAN KEEP IN TOUCH WOULD LOVE TO SEND U A NICE MESSAGE..WITH HONESTY AND RESPECT REBECCA...
Shershe793
on 8/10/11 7:18 am - Blanchard, OK

I had my surgery  8-2 and I also have PCOS.. I am having high hopes that the weight loss takes care of that... because previously when I had lost weight all was normal... its just when I had gained all the weight..  I will keep you posted as I progress just to exchange tidbits of info on how its going if you'd like.  Good luck and soon you will be joining us on the Losers Bench  {---------}

HW 327 CW 231 GW 140 Surgery August 2nd, 2011..                     
M1CHELLE
on 8/10/11 7:21 am - Kelowna, Canada
I have PCOS as well, and am getting surgery this Friday. I would be interested in hearing from those who've lost their weight and what the results were... Good post!
Michelle  
HW: 282.5   SW: 263.5   CW: 235

Rekeca
on 8/10/11 7:43 am - NC
I have PCOS as well and I am scheduled for surgery on Sept 14th. So I am very interested in this topic as well and for input of people who have been successful with the sleeve. My Dr. suggested RNY because of my PCOS but I wasn't having none of that. I will take my chances with the sleeve.

laurabelle2009
on 8/10/11 8:12 am
 Wow how exciting, so many of us having surgery at the same time!! Looking forward to our journeys together and to better health!! Send me a friend request and let me know if you would like prayers. Would be very happy to pray for you. Laurie
theonlysheresa
on 8/10/11 8:18 am - Carmel, CA
Hey!! I'm a PCOSer too!  Surgery is hopefully 9/27...if all goes according to plan.  Really hoping that the weight loss increases my chances of conceiving.  Good luck to all of you out there!  And please feel free to friend me so we can check in with each other!

Sheresa
injeneral
on 8/10/11 8:39 am
Fellow PCOSer here :) My surgery is also the 15th!
A_NEW_KATIE
on 8/10/11 8:52 am
I am a PCOSer that has had surgery already!  I am 6 weeks out.  So far so good.... I seem to be a little slower of a loser then others, but still losing!  Hasnt really been long enough yet to tell if it has helped with any other symptoms yet.. But I am feeling really good!  Still struggle with my energy level but it is coming back that is for sure!!!! 
tripmom02
on 8/10/11 9:31 am - NJ
 I have not had my sleeve very long, but I did VERY well with the band. It seems that the high protein, very low carb diet is very good for us PCOS'ers. 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views