TMI: VENT ON VOMITING!!!!

Jan G.
on 8/12/11 1:37 am - WI
Ok I "vomited" for 3 days in hosp post surgery a week ago. However, I never was nauseated or had pain when I did. IN fact I had an "easy" surgery..with no pain or discomfort, no gas/air bubbles so typical. I walked and tried several times to get in sips only to have it back up on me.

Yesterday was my 1st day home, sipped, went slowly, moved around but then by evening that horrible burning feeling started to creep up. Turns out my ins would not approve the Pepcid solutabs so I have to break open a capsule (another brand) and put these bitter pebbles on my tongue and try hard to get it down in 3 swallows.

Well I could not go to bed as this pressure buildup / bitter/ just kept growing. Finally while sitting on coach..whallaaa!!...all over my couch, carpeting you get the picture

Doc on call said to wait an hour and try to get my meds down, but I didn't try. I was up all night as I could not sleep. Called surgeon's RN today and she's faxing in to my Ins request for the Pepcid solutabs which they denied yesterday.

PLEASE pray I get this today as my pharmacies are closed on weekends and close at 5 today. Is this truly from acid reflux?

Tommorrow they want me to try my protein drinks. I have many medical conditions that I NEED to get my meds down and keep them down. It was scary last night as my BP/HR skyrocketed.

Thanks for listening.. would love to hear from anyone who had this vomiting problem.

Jan

VSG: 08/05/2011   Age 62   5 foot:  HW: 207    SW 194   CW 156

jadelet
on 8/12/11 2:10 am
My insurance would not cover any form of prescription PPI--so my doc had me take OTC, swallow it whole, Prilosec. The pills are tiny and he had no concerns about my ability to take them right out the gate. That was my surgeon, my surgery mind you, but just giving you a little perspective from another view.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.?

HW: 280   SW: 277 CW: 196

Most Active