Day 6 of Pre-Op Diet

charlotte924
on 8/13/11 12:34 pm - orlando, FL
I'm on day 6 and I still have two more weeks to go on this diet!! Its driving me insane and the hunger has not gone away like they said it would.  I drink, drink and drink and I know I'm still not getting in enough. Does anyone have any suggestions on things to drink while on this crazy diet? I'm drinking the protein shakes, a lil slim fast, jello, chicken stock and water.  I'm not satisfied at all and its not getting any easier....

Pkrplyr777
on 8/13/11 12:40 pm - CT
It is tough when you get to the liquid faze. But it is sooooo important that you actually lose weight before surgery. You don't want your liver in the way or in too bad a shape that when the surgeon pushes it aside it gets injured.

I used the muscle milk light because it only has 150 calories. that way I could have 5 a day instead of 3. It helped.

Its really worth the suffering right now because when your done with the surgery all that "hungry" is just gone. I mean gone! No more growling, no more hunger pains. It's really awesome.

I remember being on the plane on my way to Tiujana and my stomach growling so load the lady next to me heard it! It hasn't growled once since surgery.

Hang in there.
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
ttrahan
on 8/13/11 12:41 pm - LA
I find if I eat a protein bar(my favorite is oh yeah! chocolate and caramel) it holds me up more . I eat one and drink a whole bottle of water with it. Good luck on your surgery mine is Aug. 25th.
charlotte924
on 8/13/11 12:57 pm - orlando, FL
Thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately I can only have liquids and no solids. I think that is whats hurting the most.  Not having anything to chew and feel satisfied.  After awhile the liquids just make me gag.

My surgery date is August 26th and it would be great to lose 20lbs by that date!

ttrahan
on 8/13/11 1:03 pm - LA

My surgeon put me on two replacement meal and one small normal meal. Like a grilled chicken salad. I am sorry you are having a hard time but I think we will be so happy in the end just hang in there.

HW:212   CW:209 GW:135

Lizzy25
on 8/13/11 2:38 pm
Oh man, I feel for you! I remember my own month of pre-op no-carb diet. It was pure hell and I felt like I wanted to die. BUT just keep the end in sight! It will be worth it a thousand times over! Take things one day at a time. If you think "I have 2 more weeks of this" it will feel so much longer. Get up in the morning and think "I'm going to make it until noon." and then when noon rolls around, think "Great! Now I'm going to make it until 5pm." and so on. There's this dessert gum that tastes like mint chocolate cookies (can't remember the name, but it only has like 3 calories per stick) that I love to chew when I'm craving sweets, maybe that would help with some of your need to "eat" something. Also could you try putting ice in the blender with some of your shakes to make them thicker and more substantial?

Hang in there!!
Pam M.
on 8/13/11 3:21 pm - Orland Hills, IL
 I made Jello jigglers. They satisifed the chewing craving and was a change from all the liquids

So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key!!        
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views