Help O

roselynd
on 8/18/11 1:53 pm - WI
OK I am 6 months out from VSG and lost 113lbs so far.  I go to a support group but had to stop because of a guy.  Seems he had a bucketful of problems with his surgery...but from convos I had with him he seems to have brought most of it on himself.

Here's the background friends.....This guy is suffering from depression, not eating, not taking his meds (supplements and such) and won't go to a therapist.  I Have depression too but see a therapist and take all the meds and supplements I'm supposed to.  So when we first met I gave him my number and told him to call me and I'd try to get him into a program for his depression and help him get free supplements, etc..

Any who about 9 months later we ran into each other at our surgeons office and while I said a quick hello and literally RAN out the door to get away from him (his is a REAL DOWNER), it wasn't fast enough!  Not only that but my surgeon GAVE him my number!

I'm outside waiting for my ride and he comes out and HUGS ME. not that I don't mind being hugged but it was in a totally creepy way.  You know running his hand up and down my back and hugging me real hard.

The next day he calls me and OMG WANTS TO GO OUT TO DINNER!!  Holy **** Batman!!!

He says I'm looking real cute and all and I do believe he wants to "get to know me" if you know what I mean. 

Now I don't want to sound rude but Brad Pitt he ain't.  And I can't be around depressed, unmediated people because it brings me down.  I also can't stand anyone who is given this gift and REFUSES to use it!

He said I'm his "only" friend.  YIKES  So how do I let him know that I am not interested in him IN ANY WAY!  At least without hurting him too much......see I'm afraid he will do "something" to himself if I don't act as a friend ( I know I'm not responsible for him but I'd feel really guilty if anything happened because of what I did.) but honestly I have enough stuff going on right now I don't need or want his baggage!  Help OH  What's a gal to do?

Roselynd                
Ulysses
on 8/18/11 2:01 pm
Tell him you have a boyfriend and he is real jealous if you have "male friends".
Or, give him a swift kick right to family jewels.
Or be honest and say your just not into him and he makes you feel uncomfortable...
Best of luck,

Jason
VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

acbbrown
on 8/18/11 2:02 pm - Granada Hills, CA
Politely tell him you are not interested in getting together. Don't beat around the bush, avoid him or drag it out. Makes it worse for both of you.

You could just tell him you're not single - whether it's true or not should get the point across. Im usually not an advocate for lying, but i might make an exception for this kind of thing.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Steph4575
on 8/18/11 2:04 pm - TX
I agree with the boyfriend reply. Just get him off your back. He kind of sounds lame, and you definitely don't need that in your life. Or you can be honest, and just say you really aren't interested, sorry type of thing.

tillmadd
on 8/18/11 2:14 pm - WI
 Hey Roselyn- I am in Wi and having my surgery soon thru Sinai Dr. Prewitt! I hope he is not in our local sinai support group and starts chasing me! I think you should be direct with him, he needs to seek help for his depression, this you cannot assist him with. 

I would explain to him that it is not a good time for you to be trying to get involved as you are focusing on yourself and the post-surgery identity issues. Blame it on advice from your therapist. maybe hint, hint he will seek out his own! 

I hope you are not avoiding attending support group do this issue. Please just be direct and tell him your not interested! Also your doctor was completely unprofessional by giving out your info...I would of been pissed! Feel free to private message me, and we could avoid him together during support groups! Good luck---Deb

HW 314    SW 297 Thanks for the season Packers! 15-2!!
**CW 234 month 1-23 month 2-14 month 3-13 month 4-11 

roselynd
on 8/18/11 7:50 pm - WI
Hi Tillmadd!  My support group meets on the third Wednesday of the month at Mt. Sini Hospital, Milwaukee.  Is this the group you mean?  If it is I would love to meet you and we can both "advoid" him together!  LOL
Roselynd                
tillmadd
on 8/19/11 1:21 am - WI
Roselyn- YES!!! that would be my group ! 
Nancy B.
on 8/18/11 2:16 pm - Bridge City, TX
VSG on 08/27/11 with
I think what disturbs me the most is the fact that your surgeon gave him your number! Isn't there some sort of health privacy act something or other? I think when you tell the guy you have a boyfriend, you should give him your surgeons name and number.....
-Nancy 

HW 238    Starting Weight 227   Surgery Weight 212   CW 155
Height 5'5"            Lost 9 lbs. pre-op, and another 6 lbs. on the liquid diet.
tillmadd
on 8/18/11 2:38 pm - WI
 Nancy - too funny about giving him the number!
HW 314    SW 297 Thanks for the season Packers! 15-2!!
**CW 234 month 1-23 month 2-14 month 3-13 month 4-11 

rosapain
on 8/18/11 2:51 pm - Amityville, NY

NANCY LOVE YOUR REPLY

Most Active