Food Intolerence? V8 veggie juice?

Cristina S.
on 8/22/11 10:19 pm, edited 8/22/11 10:20 pm - New Britain, CT
My surgery was on August 2nd and so far I have tolerated everything well, especially since I've been taking a PPI. Well yesterday at work I decided to have some V8 to drink. I noticed I didn't like the taste that much anymore since surgery. Well about 2-5 minutes after I started feeling a little funny in my stomach. Then that quickly turned to nausea and pain. I had to run to the bathroom quickly and let us just say the V8 acted like a laxative. I also thought I was going to through up but luckily that subsided. I was in soo much pain that I was breathing heavy and felt clammy and light headed. I had to leave work early (which is hard since I am a security officer/receptionist). I feel better now but I am so scared of that happening to me again, especially if I am not home.

Has this happened to any of you? I'm wondering if my stomach just didn't like the acidity or if it was the fiber.

I guess I wont introduce new foods at work.

debk21
on 8/22/11 10:49 pm - Mansfield, TX
Well hon, that was a "dump".  Just stay away from that for awhile.  No telling what it was that got ya...but I bet if you try it again in a few months, you may not have the same issue.  I have only dumped once since my surgery and my experience was similar to yours but it was chicken with a mandarin sauce (the sauce must have been too sweet for me).  I tried it again months later and didn't have any issues and that has not happened to me again.  Like you, my experience was early in my journey.  We can all dump, no matter what surgery we have or even without it.  Hopefully this is an isolated incident for you as it was for me.  Have a good day today!

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

Pkrplyr777
on 8/22/11 10:56 pm - CT

I'm sorry that happened to you. I appreciate you sharing. I will definately not try new foods at work!
I had my surgery Aug 1st.
Donna

HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
mojomom
on 8/23/11 1:45 am
 Hi Hon,

I was sleeved on the 1st of August.  Yesterday for the first time I had a bit of chicken meat and some whole wheat pasta with a touch of grated cheese and tomatoe sauce on it.  It probably totalled around 2 tablespoons, maybe 3.  I ate VERY slowly and chewed until it was basically liquid (as we know we need to...)  I didn't have any trouble with this.  Up until this point, I've been basically having just yogurt and soups.  I've added babyfood chicken to the soups and it's pretty tasty really.  I have been carrying some V-8 juice with me, because I love it (or at least used to.)  I decided it might be a bit acidic for my stomach.

Thanks so much for sharing about his.  I think I'll go carefully with it.  The tomatoe sauce I ate didn't seem to set me off, but it's such an individual thing.

Good luck to you, and please remember, as you introduce new foods - start with a little tiny bit and see if it upsets your stomach.  Then add more from there.

Mojomom

Cristina S.
on 8/23/11 4:25 am - New Britain, CT
Thank you Deb, I didn't even think of that! I don't even like the taste anymore and now that this happened I think I am done with V8. I am not sure if it was the tomato part of it because in week 2 I had some Tomato Parmesan Bisque and that was fine with me. I hope that I never get that feeling again. Probably some of the worst pains I have ever felt.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 45 views