Update- Jerk Landlord & Guy

roselynd
on 8/23/11 1:27 pm - WI
I spoke with that guy that was a real pain in the butt....told him I was not interested in any sort of relationship and explained that we couldn't be friends anymore because he was not in therapy and doing right  by his WLS.  I just explained that, like my sobriety, I could not, would not, let anyone undermine my efforts!  He took it badly but that's on him.  He tried to pull the suicide card but I told him to go ahead and I'll send flowers and that was the end of that!

I went to court to fight the rental increase (my LL wanted to raise my rent because I 'eat less now so I have more money for rent') and I guess the judge was in a VERY foul mood because he:

1. Cussed my landlord for about 30 min.

2. Ordered my LL to put in a new ho****er tank, ALL windows replaced, new paint in the entire apartment, an exterminator for the bug problem, fix the front and REAR outside stairs (the first step is about 5" taller than the rest of the steps), fix all the doors AND reimburse me for the money I paid for the exterminator I have used for the last year.

3. Ordered that the back rent I owe (about $700) be 'forgiven' as a fine for having such a foul apartment.

4.  ORDERED the LL to LIVE in the vacant apartment here UNTIL the entire court ordered repairs are done!

I know my LL hates me now but I have a 5 year lease.  Besides when I presented the judge with a list of costs for living with my VSG...the judge and LL both nearly crapped their pants!

The judge freaked out when I explained just what a VSG is ( I think he got a little grossed out! LOL) and after court he asked me back to his chambers to talk about WLS.  Seems he has a daughter interested in WLS but hadn't made her mind up on which one was best.

Now for the nsv.....went to my local "fat girls" store to do some clothes shopping and  Drum roll please....NOTHING FIT!!  It was all too small!!  I ended up going to 3 different shops until I figured out which size I was........Silly me I forgot to ask someone to measure me!  I hated to get measured before but now I bought a measuring tape and check myself out every week.  Even if the numbers don't change I still LOVE IT.

Roselynd                
CoolBeans
on 8/23/11 2:00 pm - MD
 Great news. Sounds like you presented your case very well to both of the jerks. 

Good for you! 
 Cari    
koshermama
on 8/23/11 2:38 pm
Boy, did that ever backfire on your landlord!!

And good for you for not allowing that guy to play the emotional blackmail game!

HW 310, SW 307, CW 259, LW 7.5, Goal 150

Shalom aleichem! Join us...  Keeping Kosher After WLS    
roselynd
on 8/24/11 12:49 pm - WI
Thanks and he did try to get my daughter involved but that backfired big time....SHE HATES HIM and let fly with the whys and wherefores.....if he wasn't suicidal before he was when she got done!  LOL  I call her my Little Pit Bull!
Roselynd                
Kim_M
on 8/23/11 10:27 pm - LaPorte, TX
Love it !!!

First month since VSG 33  2nd 14 lbs 3rd12lbs 4th10lbs 5th10lbs 6th 9lbs 7th 13lbs 8th 13 lbs  9th 2 10th 6 11th bounced 175-180 12th  bounced  13th 2 lb cw(164)      
Crunchy As Can Be
on 8/24/11 1:32 am - NY
WOOT!! Awesome to hear!
 ~~Emily~~

skinimini
on 8/24/11 1:58 am
Upping the rent because you eat less??? NNNiiiiicccceee! What will people come up with next?!?

Cool judge and great that nothing fit in the "big" girl store!

I am 5' 7" tall and 35-years-old   **Sheri**
My ticker shows who I did this for:  Azure and Malachi

July 10th, 2011:  Down 26 lbs. and 15 1/4 ".

Aug. 10th, 2011: Down 14 lbs. and 13 3/4 ".

Sept. 10th, 2011:

Oct. 10th, 2011:

PaulaS
on 8/24/11 2:14 am - TX
Good for you!!! 

And, I will bet everything was too large, not too small!!!       Good job!

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
roselynd
on 8/24/11 12:51 pm - WI
My goal was to be able to shop at OLD NAVY and, with a well fitting bra now, I am able to get some tops and even a pair of pants there!  WOOT WOOT!  (sings (I feel pretty, oh so pretty!)  LOL
Roselynd                
roselynd
on 8/24/11 12:55 pm - WI
OOPS I did mean too big lol.  Guess that's what I get for posting so late at night!
Roselynd                
Most Active