I have to confess!!!!

Staceygirl212
on 8/26/11 8:18 am - NY
I know I'm not suppossed to but I couldn't take it anymore!! I bit a small piece of fried chicken and chewed it up and spit it out. I know that chewing activates acids. This liquid phase is driving me crazy. I'm on carnation instant w/ protein powder mixed in plus liquids, jello, flat gingerale decaf tea and coffee. I have another week before I see my DR. I know it will be bette once I get to purees. I had to tell some people that may understand.    Thanks guys for listening

mini_me_ now
on 8/26/11 8:35 am

i know its hard not havng anything to chew, but  if your going to chew and spit things out thenreally try hard not to swallow anything that may get caught in your staple line and cause a leak..

sugar free popsicles helped me the most for something to chew on and in this weather are not too bad if your tummy can tolerate cold things..
Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight
                  Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

hollykim
on 8/26/11 8:37 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
It happens but just know you are at the top of a slippery slope.

If you just needed to crunch why not ice? Why fried chicken? That is head hunger,just sayin...
GL,
HOlly

Marcia B.
on 8/26/11 8:38 am - CA
I did the same thing don't feel bad.  Just pick yourself up and carry on.  It will get better. Good luck
Philippians 4:13 -  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

tinkerott
on 8/26/11 9:03 am - St. Catharines, Canada
 You're not the only one that has to confess.
 I'm in my full fluids diet, and I must say I have had a bit of pureed food.  I still have over a week to go before hitting pureed food, but I just had to have a taste of something other than liquid and I wasn't getting full enough on just liquids.  Mind you I only have a tiny bit just a few nibbles here and there.

But it is still considered cheating...lol  I have my one month coming up on the 6th of September.  
Just take it slow and everything will be ok.

tripmom02
on 8/26/11 9:27 am - NJ
 Here's the thing, it's not going to be better once your on purees, they go right though too BUT it's such a short period of time that you have to do this and things like this can put you in danger of developing VERY bad habits. I understand the urge, but everytime you think about "cheating" think about how much better you will feel about yourself if you DON'T put the food in your mouth.

Old habits die hard, but the truth is you have to kill them if you want to be successful.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Staceygirl212
on 8/26/11 9:35 am - NY
Thank you all!  I'm trying. I know I have to be careful! I've come to far to mess up now. OK I'm back on the old bicycle!

tripmom02
on 8/26/11 2:15 pm - NJ
 You can do it! And when you feel like you can't, just log on here and we will hold you up and hold you accountable! You are right, you have come this far and you can go all the way to the new you!

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Kelleybell122
on 8/26/11 10:32 am - Powell, OH
Yup. I did that too.

MN_Mama
on 8/26/11 10:49 am

You're right, you've come so far.....  Good for you to look at what's been done, own up to it, put it behind you and move on.   One way or another, we've all been there.  Thanks for the honesty Stacey!

I was crazy for "real food" during the liquids stage too.   One thing that really helped was getting high quality beef and chicken base, not bullion, not broth, not stock, but beef base and chicken base, at the high end grocers.    They make a richer, meaty flavored broth that helped me get away from the awful fake chocolate, vanilla and strawberry flavored drinks I had to survive on. 

Head for a mug of that instead of a bite of someone's lunch and you can get the flavor break you need without risking your life with a bit of food before your body can handle it. 

It's only for a little while more.....it's only for a little while more...... repeat as needed!  You can do this, and you're worth it!!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 51 views