On 2 week liquid diet, help on ideas, I am hungry :(

jennay80
on 8/29/11 9:08 pm - Elmore, OH
 I started day one of my two week liquid diet and my weak butt is HUNGRY!  Sugar free jello, pudding, runny cream of wheat with fake sugar, and cream of soup is not filling me up!  I know, should have drank a protein shake, will today for sure.  Please, what else can I eat on this diet???  Give me some examples please  :(  Don't want to fail and last night I was a little close.

Vivian Prouty
on 8/29/11 9:30 pm - Fort Worth, TX
I would do several protein shakes in a day if I were you.   It will make you feel fuller and more satisfied.    You can also have SF Popcicles.    You are probably weak because you have very little protein.   Make sure to drink LOTS of liquids too.   Those can help you make fuller and take the hunger away till you have your WLS.   Good luck to you.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

dec721
on 8/29/11 9:44 pm - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
What Viv said!  But also, my philosophy during those days was to keep something going in my mouth almost constantly.  Do NOT let yourself get hungry.  Little hunger pang?  Slug something else down.  Yes, you will slosh; yes, you will run your legs off going to the bathroom.  Too bad :-)  But if you keep something going in your face all the time you will be too full of liquid to feel hungry.  Best wishes!  You can do it!
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

Amy 2bhealthy
on 8/29/11 10:00 pm - STL Metro, IL
VSG on 09/13/12
I remember that warm or hot things helped make me more satisfied during the liquid diet phase. Maybe try some hot tea? Sugar free popsicles are good... I also had the warm Campbell's chicken noodle soup, strained, quite a bit.

Every surgeon's plan is different, so I am not sure what you can/can't eat. I was on clear liquids only. I remember trying to stay very distracted during this phase...we rented lots of movies, went to the movies at night, walked, go bowling, etc... The more you are doing, the less you are concentrating on what you can't have. I know it is hard, I don't look forward to this part of revision either. Good luck to you!

Amy

Revision: Realize band to VSG....loving my sleeve!! 

vacationlover
on 8/29/11 10:03 pm
When I was on my liquid diet for 10 days, I could have up to 5 protein shakes, but pretty much nothing else...  I found that if I drank a shake every 3 or so hours, I didn't  get hungry... and I lost a nice amount of weight in that time.

CW: 130ish HW: 264 SW:254 Hgt: 5'2

Goals-Dr:159-MET Mine:140-MET!!! Final Goal: 135-MET!!!!!

W4:-22 W8:-11 W12:-10.5 W16:-12 W20:-11.5 W24:-9.5 W28:-8 W32:-7.5 W36:-8 W40:-7.5 W44:-5 W48: -4.5 1Yr/W52: -7

jennay80
on 8/29/11 10:09 pm - Elmore, OH
 My doc is making me do 14 days of strained foods and the day before is clear liquids only, wow will that day be horrible, along with my nerves...  Can't wait until next year at this time  :)

jennay80
on 8/29/11 10:07 pm - Elmore, OH
 The doctor said I can have yogurt that is fat free/low sugar without any chunks, sugar free puddings, etc.  It all sounded great to me, no problem!  But, didn't realize how hungry this would make me!!!  Getting the proteins in is not a problem, just the hunger.  I am afraid to eat constantly because I don't want to gain weight, even if it is low fat and sugar free.  I am drinking a protein shake now, hoping it fills me up.  I added a banana to it with some ice and skim milk, it tastes really good.  :)  Hoping day 2 goes better.  Thanks everyone!

michellemj
on 8/29/11 11:31 pm
Protein shakes should help. and if you can have yogurt, non-fat plain greek yogurt is thick and filling. You can add sugar free syrups or sugar free preserves to it if you can't handle the taste yet. I also enjoyed broths. I found a mexican chicken broth that was great as it added extra flavor.

The liquid diet is the pits, esp. the first few days. I remember being grumpy and not a nice person. But it's a means to an end and you are establishing healthy habits. You can do it!

HW: 280; SW: 255; GW1: 150; CW: 155.

sueannspencer
on 8/29/11 11:46 pm - Carrollton, TX
You didn't specify, but we're all assuming this is presurgery. Fruit smoothies are good, as well as kefir, which is sort of liquid yogurt. If you consider what you were eating before, and how that's reduced by eliminating solid food, you'll worry less about gaining weight these two weeks. I didn't focus on calories before surgery at all. . . and still lost 10 pounds that week. Just keep your energy up. . .post surgery, the pounds will fall off.

jennay80
on 8/30/11 1:25 am - Elmore, OH
 Yes, presurgery, sorry about that.  I am not used to having to eat every 2 hours so this just seems odd to me but it must make you lose weight if they are making me do this.  :)  I am so busy that eating this often is taking so much time and I don't want to be hungry too long or I might cheat, so guess this has to become part of my schedule the next 13 1/2 days

Most Active