NSV - with my kids

cnjm6201
on 9/6/11 11:59 am
My son is 6 years old and I have a 3 year old daughter also.  When my son was 18 months old, we took him to an amusement park and there was a bus ride that parents could go on with their kids.  I took my son on and the bar wouldn't close on my lap.  They had to ask me to get off the ride and I had to take my son off with me and ask my mother-in-law to take him on the ride.  It was one of the most humilitating things I remember experiencing as an obese woman.  Well just this past Sunday we took the kids to the local fair and don't you know it, there was one of those exact same bus rides for kids and parents.  I took my son and daughter on that bus and it was the most wonderful ride I have ever been on.  I sat there and watched both there faces and their excitement.  My daughter kept raising her hands and saying "Look at me Mommy, Look at me"  All I could think was how lucky I was to be there with them to see and share in the joy.  I can't believe how much I missed out on before and I am so blessed that I don't have to miss it anymore.
"Be content at whatsoever state you are in."  Phil. 4:11                      
DebbieL.
on 9/6/11 12:09 pm - OK
What a great, and fun NSV!! 
DaniellaRN
on 9/6/11 12:16 pm - CA
 That is what it's all about isn't it? Awesome nsv :)

LaughingCow
on 9/6/11 12:19 pm - VA
VSG on 02/01/12 with
What a wonderful feeling.
CoolBeans
on 9/6/11 1:13 pm, edited 9/6/11 1:13 am - MD
Your post just brought a big smile to my face. Thanks for sharing.
 Cari    
kimbethin
on 9/6/11 2:42 pm - CA
  beautiful!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
J.e.t.
on 9/6/11 2:47 pm
 THAT is truly an awesome NSV.  I have kids just about the same age, and I can so relate.
HW 263, 3lbs lost prior to surgery,  weight loss ticker is since surgery.

smiles24
on 9/7/11 3:00 am - MI
What a WONDERFUL NSV story!!  Brought a huge smile to my face!  My 5 children range from ages 19 to 5 and I can't wait to share life with them and make sweet memories with them!!  
Sheryl
HW:  273   SW: 238   CW:  164  GW:  150  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views