Nervous

Brighteyes36
on 9/9/11 7:23 pm
My surgery is scheduled for the 13th of this month.  I am excited and nervous.  I am suppose to be following an 800 calorie diet, which seems like nothing compared to what other people have to do pre-op, but once again I FAIL!  I am so scared I am going to fail this surgery.  I have been buying different protein drinks to see what i can handle, and I have bought the vitamins I am suppose to take.  I know I am ready...just scared.  Good Luck to all who are getting ready to have their surgeries.
deb.c
on 9/9/11 8:45 pm
dont worry just had mine done Tuesday l am finding that the protien chicken soup helps and the ice tea flavor isoure mixd with white grape juice helps good luck
hi having sleeve on sept 6 band coming out has any one had this?            
Janelle L.
on 9/9/11 9:05 pm - Lakeland, FL
I have 9 days until my surgery and am failing horribly to even sticking to any kind of diet. I am mourning food like the death of a best friend. I am going to buckle down come Monday.. how many times have I said that before. LOL.

You are not alone and hope the best for you!!!

Janelle
  "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!"
  HW 375. CW 296 GW 200

Happy966
on 9/9/11 10:37 pm

If it was easy to eat 800 calories a day (before surgery), we wouldn't need surgery!  It's hard and you might not succeed perfectly, but we must make our best effort.  Your surgery will go easier if you lose weight, and this diet is one thing we can do to limit our chances of complications. 

I was also very scared, but it was easier than I imagined. 

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Miss_eye
on 9/10/11 12:25 am - CA
You can do it! My tip is to carry ready-to-drink protein with you everywhere and it will be less hard to cheat. It's a little scary, but any major decision worth making always is. I have faith in you. Good luck!
BethR311
on 9/10/11 1:08 am - Fort Wayne, IN
I have been thinking about this, as I hope to have a date soon. 

My addiction is ... I hang my head in shame ... Arby's breakfast, namely a ham and swiss croissant and potato cakes.  It used to be a large order of potato cakes and a large regular pepsi; now it's a small order of potato cakes and a large diet pepsi.  But still.  After surgery, no more.  During preop diet, no more.

And how in the hell will I ever survive that?  I'm not sure.  But I've decided to drive a different way to work, so that I don't go by the Arby's. 

I'm nervous and scared too, the excitement is brief and passes, for me.  But I've been beating on this door for a year.  I'm tired of the waiting and the jumping through hoops.  I just want to get it over with.  I think we'd be insane if we weren't nervous about any surgery, let alone something as life changing as this one.

Wow, the 13th ... that's really coming up fast!  I wish you an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery and lots of protein drinks that you like!

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
Marcia B.
on 9/10/11 1:15 am - CA
Well if we could stay on 800 calories without surgery it would be good, and we wouldn't need surgery... Don't beat yourself up.  You can't think about failing you have to do what you can do and you will get a plan and work it.  The first two weeks all I did was cry and regret and mourn my food, but I am 8.5 weeks out and I can honestly say it is getting easier.  Yes you will be able to stick to a plan after surgery you have to think of it that way because you won't have much choice new tummy and all and then when you can eat, you just have to remember to make better choices.  You can do it! :) don't be scared.

and a good protein shake for me because I hate them... crystal ligh****er and inflavored protein powder :)

Philippians 4:13 -  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Pat H.
on 9/10/11 2:59 am
During my two week liquid pre-op diet, my favorite strip mall with my go to fast food, Panda Express, Qdoba, McD's, called to me every time I passed. I had to grip the steering wheel and stay in the lane farthest from them to avoid turning in. They are only one block from my house so knew this was one battle I had to face early on. Am now a little over two weeks post-op and am still on liquids. Have not driven into that shopping center since before 8/9/11. Thank you Nancy Reagan for teaching me to "Just Say No"! I thought about how I wanted to live after I got my sleeve and started practicing as soon as I started liquids. It was hard to break a bad habit and is much easier now. Good luck to everyone who is trying to break up with unhealthy foods.

SW - 234.5  GW - 140.5   Met Goal on 5/7/12  

Brighteyes36
on 9/10/11 1:58 pm
Thanks for all the positive posts!  I really do appreciate it.  I am glad I have this board to come to for advise and information. 
Most Active